[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

accidentally posted this in /ic/... It's sinking in that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Billy the Pig.jpg (211KB, 600x2481px) Image search: [Google]
Billy the Pig.jpg
211KB, 600x2481px
accidentally posted this in /ic/...

It's sinking in that I need to get my shit together asap so I'm going to start making work for fictional companies for my portfolio...

Could /ic/ help me out on what I should include/would be the most economical use of my time? I'm not really sure what I want to go into. Just NOT app design/coding

I'm thinking
> Coffee shop branding
> Website mockup for restaurant
> A poster series for something to demonstrate illustrative ability (but what?)

But... That's it? Do I just make a random concept up for a shop and go for it, or should I approach some local places and ask if I can parody them/design their stuff for free?
>>
>>271940
>Your (if yours) BTP in the circle is weighted to the left, you should center that a bit better
I would go with the coffee shop branding and restaurant mock-up (on inVison or something working that can be shared). While I love posters, they just aren't important to most people after college.
>>
File: Facebook-11.jpg (291KB, 1600x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-11.jpg
291KB, 1600x1139px
>>271940
>> Coffee shop branding
>> Website mockup for restaurant
Idk mang these are pretty generic and easy. It's hard to screw these up.

Why not try a rebranding instead?
Pick an existing brand or app/website and build upon it. Impress employers by building upon brands they are already familiar with.
>>
>>271940
http://briefbox.me you're welcome
>>
Event Branding for Conferences.
>>
>>272031
this will probably help u desu op
>>
OP I can't decide on how to style the re-brand of my company. Would you be ok with doing a real company knowing that someone was benefiting (if what you made wasn't shit).
>>
>>272051
Nobody wants to do work for free.
>>
>>271942
OP image isn't mine.

>>271950
Rebranding IS interesting, actually. I thought I would breach some sort of unspoken rule about having brands that aren't mine on my portfolio, but that's a good idea.

>>272031
>>272032
Thank you very much, both of you

>>272051
Sorry dude. Not that I'm against working for free in the beginning, but go to someone local and support them in your city, or pay someone.
>>
>>271950
I was wondering why I had a less hostile reaction to this than I do to real facebook when if anything it "modernizes" the design [not a fan of most modern web-design trends]

Realized it's because it reminds me of Microsoft's design style and while I'm not a fan of Microsoft in the slightest, I prefer them to FaceBook.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.