[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I connect with a graphic designer willing to do piecework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: alfie.jpg (13KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
alfie.jpg
13KB, 628x472px
How do I connect with a graphic designer willing to do piecework on the cheap? I'm an organizer with a small, non-profit organization. We run a sort of community centre and union hall for buskers, hobos, panhandlers, scrappers, and others who make their living on the street. We fund everything out of our own pockets, so we're pretty much always broke. We have a little bit of money from a GoFundMe and are looking to get a logo made.

Our logo will be extremely simple; the idea is to make it something like the Alfred Hitchcock's logo (see pic) -- something which can be hand-drawn in a matter of seconds by anyone, but is instantly recognizable. Our centre is named after Utah Phillips, who has a pretty distinctice appearance: fedora + big beard, basically. I could probably take a shot at it myself, but if we can get it done cheaply I'd rather have it professionally made.

Does anyone know of a place I could go to find a graphic designer willing to work on-the-cheap for something which will probably take them a half-hour's work or less?

Mods: Please note, I'm not here looking for free work, I'm trying to find out how to connect with entry-level graphic designers willing to work cheap.
>>
File: tumblr_m55b6e0fMc1r80h3do1_1280.jpg (50KB, 720x582px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m55b6e0fMc1r80h3do1_1280.jpg
50KB, 720x582px
I'd like you to consider this chart before posting further.
>>
I think you should just do it yourself. Save the money since its so easy to draw. Plus you know exactly what you want it to look like. Buy some food or supplies.
>>
>>271611
And beyond that, I'll say that there are plenty of designers out there who have no problem designing for non-profits for reduced pricing or even free, especially if it's for a cause they identify with.

I am not one of those designers.

To appeal to designers like me, who won't put pen to paper without due compensation, offer them a wide degree of creative freedom instead. Let them design whatever they design, and use it. The next best thing to getting paid is getting a shiny new portfolio piece, and it's a lot easier to come up with something you're happy to show off when the client allows you full creative control.

tl;dr appeal to ego when you can't appeal to greed
>>
>>271610
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>271610
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/design-contests.94/
>>
>>271632
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.