[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique thread. Made a personal logo for a friend, his initials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: Jovan Personal logo2.png (13KB, 670x811px) Image search: [Google]
Jovan Personal logo2.png
13KB, 670x811px
Critique thread. Made a personal logo for a friend, his initials are JQ
what do you think?
>>
>>271107
use the critique general thread... it reads likee JT the white line doesn't serve a purpose.
>>
>>271110
Any changes you thing would make it look good?
>>
>>271114
quite a few but then it would be my design not yours.
>>
what happens if he wants to use it on a white background?
>>
>>271132
good point, i'll have to make the whole thing black
>>
>>271117
true but i'm not asking for step by step directions, just wanna know what you think i'm doing wrong
>>
File: 533e4cc365adb.png (57KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
533e4cc365adb.png
57KB, 400x300px
>>271136
here's some problems: it looks like a 15 yrs old youtube gamer logo. the Q isn't obvious. the name jovan is too small. pick only black when sketching a logo (it helps for seeing the balance/shape/proportions etc) also you should have made some drawings before touching any software.
>>
>>271151
i do my drawings on my sketchbook, do you think it would be better if imade it curved instead of straight lines?
>>
>>271162
it could work but maybe try lettering instead. the J's and Q's are kinda difficult to make right (especially in monograms). try to learn from people who make custom lettering like Seb Lester, Jackson Alves, Joshua M. Smith, Tobias Hall, Mark Brooks monograms etc. also if you want some curved letters try with some geometric serif fonts instead.
>>
>>271174
thank you, i'm just getting into the industry i appreciate it
>>
>>271107
>JQ
wheres the Q? this is awful
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-14-50-27.png (179KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-14-50-27.png
179KB, 1080x1920px
>>271107
Here's an obvious issue. I can't actually see it properly. Keep in mind a logo will usually be on black or white.
>>
>>271192
>>271188
>>271174
So i did some more sketch's and found this to be pretty pleasing, its not finished just a concept sketch but this is generally the idea i'm going for
>>
File: jovan logo.png (5KB, 343x306px) Image search: [Google]
jovan logo.png
5KB, 343x306px
>>271252
forgot pic
>>
File: Logo IS.jpg (13KB, 410x365px) Image search: [Google]
Logo IS.jpg
13KB, 410x365px
Initials I & S
>>
>>271295
why is it tilted diagonally? makes it hard to see the I and the S. And mat it curvy around the edges to make the S pop out ore while maintaining the structure of the I and change the color for the love of socrates
>>
>>271299
>>271295
I literally cant see any S in there
i wish this diea of trying to combine letters would stop
in fact stop trying to use your initals for your studio, its not creative, its boring and old
>>
>>271309
the s is the greyish part.
And i get its over used but i find it very creative and fun
>>
>>271295
Could be any combination of I, H, S, or Z.
>>
I can't tell that there's even a Q in that logo, it just doesn't stand out.
>>
File: JQ new.png (217KB, 4078x2315px) Image search: [Google]
JQ new.png
217KB, 4078x2315px
>>271359
>>271192
>>271188
>>271174
>>271151
Okay i scrapped the first one and went back to the drawing boards. Just finished it today and i think this is a good one
>>
>>271465
Those gradients are disgusting, the J isn't apparent at all, just looks like a Q missing a section.

The whole "Take two letters and combine them into one" meme is tired and cliche. Just let it die and try something else.
>>
do people really need a logo for themselves to get a job? or is this for fun?

make your friend happy instead of 4chan being your guide. your work for him or her should not rest on the hands of asshole comments and shit pixel words.

in reality, nobody needs a logo for themselves unless it's fun.

otherwise whatever "popular industry" they're shooting for requests a logo for him/her/it at the professional level...

someone else would do it for them...and that will down your ego...but don't take my comment seriously, just keep it in mind.
>>
>>271481
he's self employed, has his own tech start up. So yea i can understand why he would want a personal logo. And he really likes the second one i made, even gave me a pay raise for it so it turned out fine.
>>
>>271471
this guy is actually smart fuck off with all the merging that was like ok in 2010 maybe not even then i like a nice clean logo that looks professional yet not to overly complicated
>>
>>271548
Lol a pay raise? How old are you?
>>
File: csi white outline.png (23KB, 394x296px) Image search: [Google]
csi white outline.png
23KB, 394x296px
What do you guys think. For a family members company.
>>
>>271716
Does the company name really go by innitials? You should try using the full name if there is one or try to typeset the letters in some other fashion to not remind anyone of the tv series.

Keep an eye for the background, it's too detailed, at lower sizes the detail ends up lost.
>>
>>271745
Yes there is a version that says the full company name below and thanks for the input about size
>>
File: jq.jpg (20KB, 771x127px) Image search: [Google]
jq.jpg
20KB, 771x127px
>>271107
Why is this "muh initials" meme still alive?

There's absolutely no reason to promote yourself by other than your full name.

Just write your name in a pretty little font and call it a day, Jesus.

pic related I did it in 10 minutes
yes the kerning is atrocious
>>
nice work, did you go to ict much in your school?
>>
all this talk about how you cant combined letterforms or initials for logos, its still a valid design technique. however merging two letters into some strange morphed letter hybrid doesn't convey a message or resonate at all with the viewer. logos are supposed to be remembered, if you want your friend to have a lasting impression try creating an image with the letters or relating in any way to the business. branch out a little bit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.