[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

charge and payment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1447034974364.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1447034974364.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
ok its time for some serius talk

how much /gd/ usually charge for their work?

how much a design should be charge for?

how much a video or a commercial should be charged for?

how do /gd/ make a budget for a client?

and most important

how you should give the client the budget?
>>
How do you not know about the Graphic Artists Guild's Handbook of Pricing and Ethical Guidelines? It's basically a book that has pages upon pages of price ranges for hordes of different job types, client company size, etc. They even release a new edition every few years to keep up with inflation and design market trends.

Granted, the prices are based on New York City, so you might have to do some calculations based on your area's standard of living (and possibly exchange rates, if you're not in the US.)

Unfortunately, I leave my copy at work, and I’m afraid that I don't have a digital copy. Someone else might be willing to give you a pdf.
>>
>>271049
As high as people are willing to buy your work. Too much people will walk away, too little they will question your skills.
>>
>>271049
$500 consultation fee
$500/ logo work( illustrations, process approval)
$100/revision
$500 full renders finalized HQ pdfs for print and implementation
$1000 licensing or buying fees (copyrights, full ownership)
50% kill fee or work completed up to that point.

I always come out with atleast $1000 because of the consultation fee and process work(my time is covered)

I give no fucks but im professional and i let them know this simple pricing structure right off the bat so they dont waste my time so if they need different work or something i cant help them with its atleast $500 for the consultation and sometimes i add a $200-500 finders fee to get them the right person for the job so i can make a little tax on getting that person work and missing out.

This obviously works mostly for independents looking for small projects you tailor it to the nature of the work you will be doing.
>>
Honestly my pricing depends on how big the store or company is. I'm still a student finishing my third year this coming September. So i charge so dam low like $300? usually the cheapest at full price should be around 4K
>>
>>271330
Your fees are in MXN right.
>>
>>271392

No, not really.

Actual design is expensive. You're probably the pleb if you think a minimum of $1000 USD is uncommon.
>>
>>271330
post your best piece of work
>>
>>271049
£300 per day
>>
>>271651
>implying they have any good pieces of work at that price range
>>
>>271049
I've worked at many agencies before/hired gd for many companies as well. The agency standard for "beginners" (these are "professional beginners" btw, not actual beginners..) is about 16-28$ an hour. After a couple years of agency experience you can fetch about 25-35 per hour but it's salary so even if you have to work 10 hours a day to hit a deadline you're getting paid the same.

Of course, the better the agency the higher the pay. You have to be really really fucking good though and have lots of agency experience with great recommendations (deadlines are everything, so you have to have a flawless track record). After that you can be an art director at a small company and make about the same you were making 25-35$ and then move to a bigger agency etc...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.