[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im making a sprite sheet of a bunch of different interchangeable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: guun.png (1KB, 190x69px) Image search: [Google]
guun.png
1KB, 190x69px
So Im making a sprite sheet of a bunch of different interchangeable gun parts for a game. I drew up each cell on seperate layers and saved it as a .pdn, I went into infranview and exported the layers as seperate equal sized files as .png. Now I want to arrange all the fiiles into a grid. Is there any tool I can use to avoid placing each file manually? Like just import 30 files of equal size and have them automatically form a grid?
>>
bump 1/1
>>
>>270904
What game engine?
>>
>>270909
Unity. My buddy is handling unity tho, he just asked for all the pics in a grid cus its easier on his end (and mine too honestly)
>>
>>270910
Then you won't want a grid, unless every single piece is the same size (which I'm guessing not).

I would recommend putting the parts into different sprite sheets, one for grips, bodies, barrels, ect.

Put all of one type of part in a vertical column with the left side flush. It may seem weird, but it makes it easier when sorting it all later. If you have gun matching sets, put them in the same order on the sheet going down (so say a shotgun is barrel_04, grip_04, stock_04, ect).

Make sure you leave at least 2-5 pixels of vertical spacing between the parts to avoid problems with seeing the separation.

As long as you don't get a PNG with a height of >4096 you won't lose any qualittle; though I don't think you would anyway.

Then once you are ready, take it into Unity, set to sprite, multiple sprites, the. automatic slicing should take care of the rest.

You will need to fuck with the pivot points to get them all to be positioned together right (anyway you go about it you will need to it) but with that it should be easy enough to set up a for-loop to spawn your gun parts under a parent.

Let me know if you have any other issues, will check back tomorrow around lunch.

>my college degree getting used for once
>>
>>270916
They're different sizes, but they are all positioned in images of the same size with transparent backgrounds, all pre-aligned. So my buddy can just draw each image directly on top of each other and all the parts are already alligned.
>>
>>270997
How do you plan on doing recoil like that?
>>
>>271006
Bloom. The game is 2d, bulletspread increases with continuous fire

Anyway I figured it out. Theres a script for photoshop that does exactly this. Sprite sheet generator.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.