[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique me please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: EarthWaterFire.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EarthWaterFire.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I made this in Adobe Photoshop CS6 and im looking for some critique on it. Any feedback is acceptable.
>>
The first thing that distracted me was the shadows. They aren't very realistic. Especially with the fireball. It would be creating a glow on the ground below it, not casting a shadow.
>>
Looks like something you would get if you paid a random indian $2
>>
I would use rule of thirds on the backgrounds to pull it together a little bit more. The earth lookin ball seems to have mountains which don't flow with the ocean and lava rock.
>>
>>270885
The horizons should really line up to give it a cleaner look. The earth ball is by far the worst, the fire and water one look like balls, but the earth one looks flat and the shadows on the bottom of it look rough and unnatural. As that other annon said, the shadows on the ground also looks really out of place.
>>
The shadows in the Water are to hard.
>>
Holy fuck it's so ugly
>>
>>270885
I am not a fan, but in all fairness it ain't bad

>what's your purpose/there?
>where's Air? [except the sky in the background]
>why is Water bigger?
>it seems like you got lazy on the Earth ball: the cracks' resolution seems low/badly patched, the border ends too abruptly making it seem you copy-pasted an ellipse on the backround, i would make the dust/debris darker - seems shattered glass now
>>
All of them lack volume, if you are going for a 2d look then forget about the shadows on the floor, right now they look like a weird thing inbetween 2d and 3d,
>>
I don't hate it. The critics you'll find here are from career designers and therefore are hypercritical. From a consumers standpoint it's okay. Definitely needs refining but I don't hate it.
>>
you need to at least TRY to line up the horizons of each landscape imo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.