[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assigment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: BNP PARISBAS.png (709KB, 3512x1788px) Image search: [Google]
BNP PARISBAS.png
709KB, 3512x1788px
Hello /gd/ !

I have a an entrance jury in about a week and a half. My idea was to remake cigarette packaging and replace the anti-tobacco messages with anti-bank ones.

I'm cutting these out and making actual packages, this is the first one I'm working on.

I also plan on exporting this to cinema4D after I'm done.

Still need to do a few things and I know this isn't perfect, but I'd like some advise or an opinion.

So tell me, how shit am I at illustrating and do you think this could get me into college?

PS. I have had no graphical education before but know the basics
>>
File: cigarettesx-topper-medium.jpg (20KB, 472x240px) Image search: [Google]
cigarettesx-topper-medium.jpg
20KB, 472x240px
>>270544
Even though they're cigarettes and such they still try to have attractive sleek packaging sort of mimicking the old decorated cigar boxes in a way. Your design isn't very appealing and the thick black lines especially so.

You may just want to restart from scratch and go with something a bit more appealing and less generic.

Also that colour isn't very nice on a cigarette package and I'd almost think I'm buying seeds for a new Apple tree or whatever.

Good luck OP!
>>
File: marlboroeu.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
marlboroeu.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
>>270546
I know the packaging isn't great, the think lines on the bottom are how the packaging is done around here tho so I reckoned to stay as true to the original. (see pic)

Do you have any idea how I could make them more appealing? Certain styles or effects that would help achieve that? I've got no formal training (which is why I'm applying for this college).

I will look into the colors as well, I used the bank's main color but I could play around with it a bit. Just saying these things to explain my reasoning (and so you know where I'm coming from).

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it anon!
>>
>>270549
You should also look into the correct proportions of a cigarette package, it helps
>>
>>270553
Thanks, it does help a lot! Will post an update in a bit.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>270544
You can try to make something that looks more like this.
>>
File: ING [Hersteld].png (125KB, 3512x1788px) Image search: [Google]
ING [Hersteld].png
125KB, 3512x1788px
>>270561
Yes, but it's not the concept that I'm having difficulty with, it's the execution of it.

What does /gd/ think of this? Using the correct proportions (67mm x 87mm x 23mm)
>>
File: ABN AMRO.png (45KB, 609x1031px) Image search: [Google]
ABN AMRO.png
45KB, 609x1031px
>>
>>270564
I'm not sure that this concept would get you into college (fellow dutch student).. I kind of like the idea but it depends on what study you're applying for (art/media/design?). So I guess you could share that so that we could judge your work better..
>>
>>270606
Also, work on the text. It's a bit like you're trying too hard to blame the bankers for a lot of things and I'm not sure how good that illuminati stuff works with teachers at an university..
>>
>>270607
aaaand your font is too thin
>>
>>270567
>>270564
>>270544
Don't use hairline fonts, they look like shit in most cases, especially on print.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.