[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help with web-design I have been working on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: file1 (04).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file1 (04).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I need some help with web-design

I have been working on this style for a while and wanted some input.
>>
File: salt_cavern_about_v1.png (3MB, 1905x2422px) Image search: [Google]
salt_cavern_about_v1.png
3MB, 1905x2422px
>>269734
>>
File: salt_cavern_v7.png (3MB, 1853x1706px) Image search: [Google]
salt_cavern_v7.png
3MB, 1853x1706px
>>
>>269734
>background?
>specifics?

This fucking board, c'mon OP
>>
>>269747
What are you going on about?
>>
>>269735
>>269736
Your body is really fine, small, faint, and hard to read. Think about the age of your average client. I'm guessing 40's and up, in which case your text should be far more legible.

I would say your body font should be no smaller than 15, and not lighter than (240, 240, 240).

But I do like your direction, very slick. :)
>>
>>269774

I feel like everything that needs to be done now is just minor tweaks but its always nice to have a second pair of eyes.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
>>
File: salt_cavern_about_v2.png (2MB, 1639x2692px) Image search: [Google]
salt_cavern_about_v2.png
2MB, 1639x2692px
>>269777
forgot pic
>>
>>269757
Nothing is made in a vacuum.
Please, give us more context and details so that input and feedback are appropriate

i can deduce that
>this website is about bath-salts / aromatherapy or similar...
>it's unclear if products are sold (e-commerce) or it's some kind of a blog (content generator)...
>the phone/location/hours suggests that it has a physical store, but it's unclear if retail or service (like a spa) given the Book Now section...

...do you follow me?
>>
File: navigation bar website sample.png (374KB, 961x1400px) Image search: [Google]
navigation bar website sample.png
374KB, 961x1400px
>>269757
>>269781

Now, purely on the 'style' itself, starting from the top:
>I am OK with a cover photo in the header
>Ensure that it's not loading a heavy ass picture
>Watch out for how it displays on mobile
>The navigation bar on the right upper corner is awful
>It currently gets murky with the BlackRock in the photo
>It doesn't follow when scrolling down, in fact you have to scroll back up after reading to change section
>It doesn't tell you which section is on
>See attached, notice different colors accordingly (It's from a local biz website i made recently. It's the ubiquitous format of scroll-down landing page, I know, I know)
>Section titles need more space b/w each other
>Try to stick to one word per title "BOOK" is fine (see the nav bar of another website i made at the bottom)
>The text and pagination is NOT reader friendly
>while colors are consistent and non-invasive, i believe you must update these:
> for the sidebar phone/location/hours make text color black and bold the titles
> the body may need sections with headers, or columns like a magazine
> revive that nasty and space-killing bullet points list
>users shouldn't scroll so much before being able to read or see product pictures
> perhaps you can either make the photo shrink responsively or use (automatic) javascript to scroll text into view (i generally advise against)
>Every section looks and feels the same:
> If there's a lot of content, then have a tree-structure of articles/posts like a journal/blog that the users can easily navigate
> Consider alternating (consistently) background and text color (and/or header photo) for different sections to ease users in knowing where they are.

>is the copyright and sources at the end of the article redundant with the webpage's footer? or are you just citing sources for that one article?
>the footer seems underutilized, you may want to add a "go to top" button or re-iterate the nav bar somehow
>>
>>269782
>>users shouldn't scroll so much before being able to read or see product pictures

keep this in mind as long as you use these stock looking pictures. Your design is really boring and looks like a bootstrap template.. and fix that list. In fact, you'd probably be better of using a bootstrap template.

>>269782 seems to know his shit, so make sure you take his comments to heart.

and nice little quote you got there
>>269777
but that isn't really an excuse to create something that looks boring. There are plenty of ways to make it more interesting without making it clunky. And I don't really like the grey background. Using a quote like that with this site makes it look like you're just too lazy to care.
>>
>>269849
>and nice little quote you got there
>>269777 check 'em
>"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
>Antoine de Saint-Exupery

yeah, that's how i make a Magic the Gathering deck....
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.