[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HALP!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: feggits.jpg (281KB, 940x839px) Image search: [Google]
feggits.jpg
281KB, 940x839px
Sup guys. I'm making the logo for a local post-rock'ish / math-rock'ish band. Most of these tend to use very humble / frugal aesthetics. (sigur ros being probably the closest famous reference?)

That said, after various hours of work (and a plethora of designs) I've boiled it down to one of these two. What do you guys think, which looks better / more functional to you guys?

My biggest gripe with left one is it being (possibly) too plain for t-shirts, hence why I put an image of them on a shirt. The one on the right looks quite nice on a shirt, but at the same time looks too trendy or 'pretty'. Should I just ball it with the left hand design?
>>
I like the first logo with the second text.
>>
>>269263
Did you realise the first one looks like a dick and balls and the 2nd one looks like a vagina?
>>
>>269296
Thanks for such helpful insight.
>>
>>269304
Just thought you'd like to know what everyone is going to see when looking at your design.
>>
>>269263
First one is really cool but i think you should do something about the As. They look so much like the i
>>
>>269296
you're trying a bit too hard.

to OP, i like the first image, but the text is too light. like >>269295 said, you should try using a weight closer to the second text
>>
>>269587
I'm not trying anything, that is honestly what I see. I don't know how much more obviously it could be a dick and vag..
>>
>>269296
You've got a really weird looking penis.
>>
I'd take the font from the left and put it with the cicada on the right. The font on the right looks like it sells makeup to little girls.
>>
>>269612
>hurr durr it must look exactly like that

They don't look like Cicadas either if you want to be that specific.
>>
>>269295
I like the second logo with the first text
>>
>>269263
First logo, second text, definitely.
>>
>>269663
>>269666
Classic /gd/
>>
>>269617
The right one looks a lot like a cicada.

The left looks like a weak bumble be or something I don't like it.

Right's awesome.
>>
>>269263
I think you should have a brainstorming session because usually the characteristics of a post rock band:

i.e. Gloomy, surrealistic, pensive, deep, sometimes dark and heavy on the atmospheric.

This is not emphasized in your designs which, to me, channel: playfulness, fun, light

i like the base you took for the interconnected "flowing" text but i feel you took it in a bit of a childish direction.

i thinking simplifying the style of the text and making the cicada a bit less abstract in form.
>>
>>269263
The first looks lije the sign for a damn spa and the second looks like it belongs on a god damned frozen burrito wrapper. Band name logos should be more emotional, and more expressive. Think more toward extremes. VERY bold, or VERY plain.
>>
>>269263
Both makes me think of a honey brand tho
>>
>>269263
Second logo looks great. 10/10 would tattoo. I don't like either font though.
>>
>>269263
i dont like it op. try to combine two concepts into one. like something about the band, maybe some psychadelic art work, maybe nature inspired that turns out to be in the shape of a cicada. something like that. right now its just kind of a boring design. you can be understated and not be boring. if youstick with that i think the best you could do is maybe move the design to the left chest area and with tourdates on the back.
>>
The first logo and the second font
>>
if it's math rock shouldn't the font/logo be more geometric also >>269722
>>
neither shout math...just garagey sketches loopy crap.

stray from handwritten shit and get inspiration for what this 'math' is. look at what audience will 'GET IT' because nobody seems to 'get math.' check grade school, middle school...high school (?) equations, concepts, answers.

make it simple, but the obvious cicada insect is not appealing, since cicada life cycle happens every 18 yrs.

look up things public will GET, discard the image.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.