[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crowd source websites as a real job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 99designs.png (39KB, 1500x401px) Image search: [Google]
99designs.png
39KB, 1500x401px
Anyone have any good expierence with 99designs or other type of crowd sourced jobs?
I'm thinking of getting into it to increase my monthly income, but heard negative things from some artistic communities so I'm a bit on the fence.

Does anyone use these type of platforms as a real income, or is it usually just pocket change that you can't rely on?
>>
>>269067
You get what you pay. You will never make livable money from sites like this.

>>269067
>>
>>269067
>a real income
>from 99
>nope.jpg
you can do it (or 'try it') if you got time/need experience/dont need cash - because you'll never make any, and the process itself (zero communication with client, etc) is vaguely soul destroying. And some template knock.off always wins anyway. Got a thick skin and lo expectations, good; otherwise, its really not, avoid and find something worthwhile.
>>
you definitely need low expectations and if you already have a stable income, rely and concentrate on that rather then try and fuck shit up on 99designs
>>
>>269067
99 is a waste of time if you look for money, take it as building experience and training ground if you have time to play.
If looking for a quick buck try something else. Really. Better make a fiver on fiverr.com

I tried building some sites and logos there, and I'm quite good and semi/pro - making a living of it for the last 10 years..
>>
Really it's for building credibility. You won't make much but sites like that are a good starting point. Those who tell you otherwise usually have ulterior motives, like a designer saying "Oh don't do that you're doing it for free and your work is worth more than that!" usually just don't want to lose any money themselves with the heaps of designers willing to work for absolutely free.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.