[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photoshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mUzzEuk.jpg (32KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mUzzEuk.jpg
32KB, 600x463px
Okay, I know this is like announcing open season for trolling but I actually need help.

I'm helping a family friend design their wedding invite however they want the border gold instead of black.

Have tried watching video tutorials about how to do this on photoshop but all the options I'm supposed to choose are greyed out.

Halp pls. Much appreciated.
>>
Is the layer transparent, meaning only the border shows?
>>
>>268832
If so, just go to your blending options and throw a nice gradient or something on it. If not find a transparent border and use it.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (465KB, 1348x1816px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
465KB, 1348x1816px
>>268824
>>
>>268834
>not using cs6
>>
>>268838
do you mean creative suite? i use cc and cs6 sometimes and probably another 50 different software's. however on my laptop i prefer cs4 with the win classic theme for the high speed that gives and for avoiding procrastination.
>>
>>268838
>thinking software versions actually matter

99% of the features anyone uses in photoshop were established in version 7
>>
>>268824
Select all
Copy
Create new layer
Fill with gold color
Apply mask
Opt/alt+click mask layer in layer palette
Paste
command/ctrl+I (to invert mask)
unhighlight the mask layer in the layer palette (to go back to RGB view)
>>
>>268847
i think he just forgot to change the pic from greyscalle to rgb or cmyk that's why his options are greyed out.
>>
>>268860
This is most probably the case, a lot of images that start as black and white often have their colour mode set to grey scale and it won't let you adjust the colours and will stop you from using any colour options until you change it to another colour mode.

>>268824
You're going to struggle to get a 'gold' colour out of that. The reason being that 'gold' isn't a single colour, you can have yellow, brown and the like but not gold, much like silver, it's a combination of reflections and such, not just a single shade.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.