[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

working as a graphic designer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 2416805.gif (554KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2416805.gif
554KB, 320x240px
do any of you guys work as graphic designers?
If yes is, would you recommend becoming one? Also what kind of skills should i have for the job?
Thanks in advance :)
>>
You need to be able to design... graphically
>>
Yes.
No.
Go to fucking school.
>>
File: 1458616278751.jpg (552KB, 1032x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1458616278751.jpg
552KB, 1032x1325px
>>266705
/thread
>>
i recently got the intuos comic and am having lag trouble with clip studio paint. Its annoying as fuck and i donĀ“t know how to fix it.
>>
Just practise mate and enjoy it
>>
>>266673
yes
not really
if you don't know what skills you'll need.. you'll never be a graphic designer
>>
File: 1461382187242.png (93KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461382187242.png
93KB, 900x900px
>do any of you guys work as graphic designers?

Yes.

>would you recommend becoming one?

Short answer: Fuck off, we're full!
Long answer: Only if you have some semblance of visual and/or artistic skill. If not... you're going to have a hard time.

I went to a subpar college for design and I graduated the top of my class ...because almost everyone in my design classes were talentless fuck ups, so that was easy to do... most of them are waiting tables, working in retail, or baristas now.

As for me? I'm a graphic designer at a small yet rapidly growing web agency but I'm pretty much a wagecuck at the moment. Gonna try and start a side business (something SaaS or App related) once I have saved up enough money.

>Thanks in advance :)

*snorting coke* no problem, mang.
>>
>Also what kind of skills should i have for the job?

Too many to list off the top of my head:

-Be able to sketch out ideas quickly. They don't need to be perfect. Just decent enough so you and someone else can tell what the fuck it is.
-Know how to create simple wireframes for websites, apps, and editorial layouts.
-Typography (proper kerning, leading, font choice, etc.)
-Be proficient at Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. (If anyone tells you that Dreamweaver is still relevant in this age they're fucking wrong. It's 2016 not 1998. The internet is a vastly different beast now.)
-Be able to create logos that are simple, versatile, and memorable. If it doesn't work in plain black & white it's a shit logo.

Also, start building a visual library for yourself. You can't get better at design if you don't know what good design looks like.
If a bunch of designer's on behance are creaming themselves over someone's design it's most likely a good design.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.