[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do people draw with these things? I feel there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 51j4annQKJL.jpg (58KB, 729x667px) Image search: [Google]
51j4annQKJL.jpg
58KB, 729x667px
How the fuck do people draw with these things?

I feel there is such a disconnect when drawing on paper vs a tablet.
>>
>>264356
After the first few days of using one you get used to it, I've had an Intuous 3, A4 for like 5 years now, it feels just as natural as drawing on a pad to me now.
>>
>>264356
It will never be paper but you get used to it eventualy.
Took me like 3 weeks to be able to draw properly on it.
Getting rid of the mouse and just use the tablet for normal pc use, that helps.

>also, why on earth does OP's pic have a badly photoshopped tablet when it's clearly something targeted at designers/illustrators?
>>
Same here. I just can't see how I could achieve what I can do normally with pen and paper on a tablet.
I have a shitty one and have tried using it but it is so terrible.

Are there any tablets that will give you the same flow of working on paper? I've yet to try out a great tablet.
>>
File: wacomintense-sg.jpg (29KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
wacomintense-sg.jpg
29KB, 500x307px
>>264372
Buy one with a screen. It makes a world of difference.
>>
>>264395
How much do those go for?
>>
>>264405
$800 - $2800
>>
>>264356
Get an iPad Pro, or just practice with your tablet.

Start with drawing lines and circles; just like you did with pen and paper. Then work up to sketches.

Should be accustomed to it by the end of the day.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>264395

This
>>
>>264418
>Get an iPad Pro
well memed

>>264395
Never had the chance to work with these but they seem amazing

>>264372
>Are there any tablets that will give you the same flow of working on paper?
No.
Paper has it's whole thing going on. Texture, pencil softness, weight, ways to absorb ink.
Pretty much everything is kind of better when analog.
>>
You just gotta grind it out.

Getting a cintiq lets you skip those first few days-or-so of awkwardness, but ultimately, once you've learned it, you've learned it.

I think for me, after drawing for about 20-30 hours on the tablet, it felt natural, and after maybe 40-50 hours I ended up getting rotational freedom (my brain decouples orientation of tablet with orientation of screen, so that I can e.g. lie in bed with the tablet on my lap and draw while looking to the screen on the left)

For line-art, I would say a cintiq is still a bit better, but ultimately, if you're serious about it, you'll want to know how to use a non-screen one as well. They have a lot of advantages -- for painting it's more convenient because your hand is not in the way, the wireless/touch/lightness is comfortable to have on a couch/bed/on your lap, they are easy to take with you other places, and last-but-not-least, you want to be able to use them if you end up wanting to e.g. show something to someone else who uses one, or you're using someone elses workstation for something (happens probably at least once a week to me).
>>
>>264422

For getting a more papery feel, I like to put a hard plastic nib in my intuos pen, and then tape a fairly rough paper-stock over my tablet. It's still not quite the same, but it feels a lot more like real paper that way.
>>
>>264422
>>well memed
How is it a meme?
>>
>>264422
The iPad pro is the most incredible digital drawing experience i've ever had.
>>
>>264459
Hahahahaha
>>
>>264395
These things make my dick rock hard
>>
>>264395
If your a noob faggot, sure.
Artist skill ain't based on the tool but the artist, nigga
>>
File: 1455990164039.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1455990164039.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>264461
>>
i recently got the intuos comic and am having lag trouble with clip studio paint. Its annoying as fuck and i donĀ“t know how to fix it.
>>
Use it often in place of a mouse.
Write with it. Play games (not fps) with it.
Git gud.
>>
File: haha kiddo.gif (3MB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
haha kiddo.gif
3MB, 300x219px
POORFAG

DETECTED
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.