[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shitty background removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 20160228_213059.jpg (703KB, 1720x1308px) Image search: [Google]
20160228_213059.jpg
703KB, 1720x1308px
I do work with a laser etcher, one of my customers brought me this picture for etching on YETI cups and other such things.

how do I remove the effects of this photograph having been taken of a computer monitor?
I'm new to the whole image manipulation and design thing...

I have CorelDRAW suite 7 at my disposal
>>
>>263792
based on a quick look at your image, i'd say it's too low res and should be manually retrace with coreldraw (essentially recreate it from scratch)
>>
>>263798
I was afraid someone would say that...

there isn't any easy way to isolate just the eclipse/sunburst?
>>
File: 1459354114792.jpg (222KB, 1720x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1459354114792.jpg
222KB, 1720x1308px
>>263792
Can you work with this?
>>
>>263800
I think so...thanks anon.
>>
>>263792
Just ask them for the file dude. They want you to do a good job.
>>
>>263939
they also cant get it to me, they don't know how and wont listen if I try and tell them...
>>
>>263960
Yeah, they deserve the shitty grainy stuff then
>>
I'd try playing with the levels/contrast in Photoshop and then Live Trace it in Illustrator. Probably wouldn't get great results though

Also, your client has a really shit, cheap ass logo
>>
File: solar.png (112KB, 2281x1746px) Image search: [Google]
solar.png
112KB, 2281x1746px
>>263981

I've attempted it. Is this any good to you, OP?
>>
>>263983
I actually like it better but it has a different style from the original
>>
>>264003

Well its the best vector I could do without spending ages cleaning up all the paths or tracing it from scratch
>>
File: Screen Replication.png (142KB, 2550x2168px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Replication.png
142KB, 2550x2168px
>>263792
Five minutes of actual work. Recreated this, too lazy to align everything perfectly.

Tell your customer that if they want the actual font they have to send you the actual file. Also, I bet they're cheap as shit, so don't take too much shit from them. Gotta lay down the law with these motherfuckers.
>>
>>264031
Also, charge them for the fucking design time, even if you didn't know how to fucking do it. Otherwise, (and they already think this) they'll think that they can just send whatever and not pay for the extra work involved.

As to how to do this. Recreate it yourself in coreldraw or do an image trace. I tried to do some blurring, sharpening, contrast, etc. in photoshop, but this was just too fucking bad of a picture.

Make them send you nice things or pay for design. If you don't have the wherewithal needed to talk with a customer and explain what you need or how to get it, then you should pick a job that doesn't involve direct contact with other human beings.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.