[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a logotype idea for "choco chic", a magazine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: chocochic debelo+mrvice.jpg (99KB, 1699x806px) Image search: [Google]
chocochic debelo+mrvice.jpg
99KB, 1699x806px
This is a logotype idea for "choco chic", a magazine about chocolate that I made up. Is it really bad? If so, what are the main problems?

(Note: I'm 19 and this is one of the 25 things that I have to present in an A3 folder for my college entrance examination this June, just so you know that I'm not very experienced in this field.)
>>
Eh, it's fine for college work. It doesn't have that "it" "feeling," but you can be molded, and it's leaps and bounds better than another young man on this board's resume...

(Topical reference to an other thread)
>>
>>261911
>C looks like a O with a bite taken out of it
>Makes the O the bitten letter

It looks like chocc chic
You have 4 C's to choose from, do it to one of them.

But other than that I like it, don't stress too hard about the college entrance examination, it's mostly just to weed out the people with literally no experience, no talent and no practice, the people that think comic sans and papyrus are perfect for logos. if you show any sign of prior knowledge (or actually trying) then you're fine.
>>
>>261911
25? What are you submitting?
>>
File: chocochic3.jpg (102KB, 1699x806px) Image search: [Google]
chocochic3.jpg
102KB, 1699x806px
>>261912
Thank you very much!

>>261919
It's definitely a problem, but its previous version didn't have that problem (pic related), but I thought a thicker version would be better since the one on the pic looks like the logotype is watching you.

The thing is - I've already applied for this college last year and got in, but I made a huge mistake and chose the other thing that I also got accepted to, so I have to prove myself to the professors (they will remember me, only 10 people are accepted each year).

>>261924
10 drawings/illustrations/comics, 5 logos/logotypes, 5 flyers/brochures/posters/magazines/books/films/pictograms/typography, and 5 photos
If you do a lot less - it has to be amazing, if you do more - same.
>>
don't put the bite mark on the side of the O, do either the top, the bottom, or at a 45° angle
>>
File: chocochic debelo+ okrenuto.jpg (98KB, 1699x806px) Image search: [Google]
chocochic debelo+ okrenuto.jpg
98KB, 1699x806px
>>261935
Like this, or did you mean in the thinner version? Should I add crumbs? I think they're kinda cute but not necessary.
>>
>>261936
that looks way more like an O now.
idk if crumbs are necessary, but try it out and see how it looks
>>
since you said it's for a magazine, you might want to take a look at real magazine covers/logos and see what they have in common

a few things: the titles usually span nearly the full width of the page, go with bold, and maybe even mock up an actual cover to add to your folder (since you said >>261931 that you need some)
>>
>>261939
Thank you, I'll do that!
>>
>>261936
that's not a bad logo at all!
but there are threads for critique where you should post this kind of things
>>
>>261931
Wow. This is nice.

The only gripe I have about it is that the bite. It isn't using nice perfect circles like the rest of the text. With that circle in the middle of the O, you'd either want the "bite mark" to be just exactly touching it, going through it, or not touching it.

Avoid shapes that almost out barely intersect. It can be very OCDOCDOCDOCD.

And always be willing to kill your babies. You might need to drop the bite entirely. There's lots of other alternatives. Like making the O-s look like cookies, maybe putting extra emphasis on the middle o, and having that be a possible nontext-icon-logo if these people ever make an app, need it embroidered somewhere, or in the tiny image on the web-browser tab for their website.

Hope you make it big, man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.