[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buisness Card General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 21

File: card_1.png (60KB, 1049x587px) Image search: [Google]
card_1.png
60KB, 1049x587px
Hi /gd/, /diy/ here.
Used to use illustrator in middle school, tryna get back to it.
This is a mockup, what do you guys think about services on the border of the card? too much? weird? Do you think buisness cards need to be done the traditional way?(name, title, adress, etc on the front side)

The only things im sure about is the bar across my name and the color scheme of black/red/yellow.
Open to suggestions, reading material, anything you think would help.
>>
>>261643
>Open to suggestions,
hire someone who actually knows what they're doing
>>
File: unnamed.png (15KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
15KB, 120x120px
What is that border around the font?
Why did you put that there?

Why do you have that line above your name?
Are you sure this will be readable in print?
>>
1. It's spelled "Consultation".
2.The design looks cheap and amateurish.
3. Try putting all the services you provide in the back and your contact info below it.
4. I personally don't like the color scheme you chose. The quality will depend what type of paper you print them on.
5. That line above the name doesn't really work. I first read it as "Ona Iuh Fitzgerald" then looking it at again I saw Tonatiuh.

Just make some more mock ups, at least a dozen more.
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 488x302px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 488x302px
Look at that bold black colouring. The repulsive thickness of it. Oh my god, it's barely even legible.
>>
File: T3.png (494KB, 615x440px) Image search: [Google]
T3.png
494KB, 615x440px
>>261645
As I said, I come from /diy/
>hiring someone to design cards for a side business, I want to make money, not spend it..

>>261646
>Why is that border around the font?
To separate the services from name and title.

>Why do you have that line above your name?
I've always loved ferrari, painted a gt 250 with the logo up top when i was younger.
Are you sure this will be readable in print?
no, setting the printer up now.

>>261647
>1. It's spelled "Consultation".
lmao rekt, ya got me
>2.The design looks cheap and amateurish.
Got me again
>3. Try putting all the services you provide in the back and your contact info below it.
Will do.
>4. I personally don't like the color scheme you chose. The quality will depend what type of paper you print them on.
What about a red backround with yellow and black text? I'd really like electrical colors to be prevalent in this.
>5. That line above the name doesn't really work. I first read it as "Ona Iuh Fitzgerald" then looking it at again I saw Tonatiuh.
I'd really like to make it work, ill change around the sizes of everything, maybe it'll pan out.

>Just make some more mock ups, at least a dozen more.
Makes sense

>>261648
ok.jpg

So, moving on is there a book or pdf i could read about the science of buisness cardss? best youtube channels?

Pic related, what will be in the center of my logo
>>
File: 1400352129135.jpg (98KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1400352129135.jpg
98KB, 1280x960px
>>261643
>>
Search up business cellphone business card. This color scheme, this layout, I feel like this is a BC for some persian rug company. Also you dont have to use vectors for business cards go use photoshop or gimp if you want to introduce some pictures of cellphones and whatnot.
>>
i've never seen a business care put words sideways. i just want to pick it up and read it.

use a different font. play around a little and see what works. also, the black background seems somewhat menacing.
>>
is you name T ONA T IUH?
>>
>>261658
I would say so myself
>>
>>261645
^^^this
just stop. you clearly have no understanding of what makes good design.
>>
>>261656
Please just hire a designer to create the design for you. I doesn't matter if its a side business spending a 100 bucks on a design is better than spending hours trying to shit one out yourself.

>hiring someone to design cards for a side business, I want to make money, not spend it..

You have to spend money to make money, dumbass.
>>
OP, listen

Don't take it personally in any way. But your business card is utter, utter shit. Seriously, it looks beyond amateurish and I would never hire someone who handed me such a card.

Use a template or get someone to design a card/logo on Fiverr for you for next to nothing
>>
my grandma makes less cringey design work on her church newsletter.

kill that background and color scheme. you're trying to run a business, not convince middle schoolers that you're edgy.

the words around the border like that is also shit. No one wants to squint and rotate unless they get some sort of neat gimmick, not realizing you have poor choices.

if you want to be inspired by the ferrari logo, see what works. Make the line only come off the first letter of each word, and stop before the next one.

Just pay someone. It'll cost you less in the long run counting all the business you lose when people glance at this thing and make a note never to hire you.
>>
>>261656
imao what the shit

please finish your design i could use a good laugh
>>
this is a troll, right?
>>
File: 1391748014842.jpg (10KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1391748014842.jpg
10KB, 247x248px
This thread
>>
>>261656

so, spend first, then make money, otherwise you'll not do it OP

design is the clothes you use the first time someone see you.

so, it's your choice to dress like a gentleman or a scumbag.
>>
>>262672
This. Seriously, I'm not even a graphic designer, but this infuriates me when someone can't comprehend the importance of a good design and generally the looks of everything.

And I never understood how can somebody fuck up THAT bad with a design, even if they never designed anything before. Is it not logical then to look at the professional stuff and at least mash up things together, if not even analyzing it and trying to understand why it is good. I mean, that is a pure logic to me. Can't you see that shitty card is unreadable? Why are people so contrarian and are trying to do their own thing without educating themselves even a little bit. Design is literally everywhere around you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (71KB, 1102x642px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
71KB, 1102x642px
Do something simple. Brevity is key. Use this as inspiration. ~5m in photoshop
>>
>photoshop

For a business card... hahaha you're so basic
>>
>>262783
troll
>>
File: ttf.png (6KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ttf.png
6KB, 500x500px
If you manage to get anywhere past where you are now and decide to use a logo, just study some on /gd/, and maybe you might pick something up. There was a thread with some logos based on initials that you can base your ideas upon.

I mean, for fuck's sake, this took me a minute.
>>
>>262794
That shows.
>>
>>262783
Ugliest shit i've seen this week, gj.
>>
>>261656
>>hiring someone to design cards for a side business, I want to make money, not spend it..
Oh, you want to make money? Then I guess you probably want to get business by seeming like a fucking professional right? Like someone I'd trust with my valuable computing devices, and not just some jackoff kid, right? So pay someone to do this shit for you. Even a garbage design from Fiverr would be miles ahead of what you've got here.

If you simply insist on half-assing this yourself, then at least acknowledge that design's not something that anyone can just up and do with no experience, find a simple (VERY simple), non-distinctive card design that you like, and copy it exactly. Quit futzing around with dumb ideas for color, type and layout, it will not work for you, you're not creative. You could learn to be, just like I could learn to be an electronics engineer, but I'm not gonna go out today and start claiming I can fix an iPhone with no experience. I'd fuck it up and break it just like you're fucking up and breaking this business card design.

For your font, use Montserrat:
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/montserrat

It's free and you can't really fuck up too bad with it. Don't use another font. You only need that one.

This dipshit >>261658 wants you to put pictures on it. Don't do that. You'll fuck it up. Even an experienced designer would fuck that up. Pictures on a business card are almost always gonna be a terrible idea.
>>
File: ssun.gif (232KB, 815x893px) Image search: [Google]
ssun.gif
232KB, 815x893px
OP here, a lot of haters for 1 thing.
>You should go and hire someone to design your cards.
They're business cards, literally nothing bd will happen when i fuck up, yall really need to chill out. This is a forum, diy graphic design should be encouraged..... Nothing here is the final cut, learn what mock-up means.

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys
>>262794
Interesting, maybe put the laptop on the outside and have the "lcd" display the whole business card?
>>262783
I like the top half!
>>262802
I like the font.
"if you simply insist on half-assing this yourself, then at least acknowledge that design's not something that anyone can just up and do with no experience"

Lmao guy, listen design really isnt that special, you just need to learn to use a couple programs and create a design around a theme. There are literally no rules.
Maybe i will fail, but i will continue, learning in the process and putting out better designs.

What do you guys think of "T^3".
My company will have 3 word, each starting with a T. Hence TxTxT
>>
File: ss.jpg (619KB, 1050x804px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
619KB, 1050x804px
>>263332
Fuck, pic came out like shit out.
>>
>>263332
You are a terrible person.
>>
>>263333
Learn to use Illustrator and save as PNG or PDF.

Start by sketching. Have at least three concepts and three variations of each.

Make it in black and white first - and no, this doesn't mean white shapes with a black outline (or vice versa). If it doesn't work in black and white, it doesn't work.

Get rid of the gradients.

Make the symbol something meaningful that says something about your business.

>literally nothing bd will happen when i fuck up
Your business will look unprofessional. No one wants to work with an unprofessional business.
>>
>>263332
>They're business cards, literally nothing bd will happen when i fuck up
Except when you have a potential client, you had them your card, they look at it later, see how amateur and unprofessional it looks and they think that's how you run your business and choose to go with someone else, rinse and repeat.

>This is a forum, diy graphic design should be encouraged
Except most of the people on this forum are looking to do it as a job, meaning DIY design shouldn't be encouraged because it takes work away from someone who is trained SPECIFICALLY to do what you think you can half ass.

>Nothing here is the final cut

No shit, but even for a rough draft of what you want a designer can tell where your skills are.

>Lmao guy, listen design really isnt that special

And yet...you are horrible at it, what does that say about you?
>>
>>263332
>gradients
>save as gif
>that logo

This is a troll, only way he could make it more obvious is if he had the business name in comic sans or papyrus under the whole thing
>>
>>263346
Thanks for the advice, will try it out and post results.

>>263348

>Except when you have a potential client, you had them your card, they look at it later, see how amateur and unprofessional it looks and they think that's how you run your business and choose to go with someone else, rinse and repeat.
im not releasing my card until its finished, i have to also create a website, and eventually design an app. You see, the better aproach to life is to learn how to do a lot of things. They take practice and time, but you will get results.
>Except most of the people on this forum are looking to do it as a job, meaning DIY design shouldn't be encouraged because it takes work away from someone who is trained SPECIFICALLY to do what you think you can half ass.
This is the internet, what's spoken here can help one across the world, teaching is a powerful thing that can help others.
On /diy/, i give advice and help who i can(electrical and mechanical usually), learn from other threads. Eventually you will be able to complete anything your heart desires.

>No shit, but even for a rough draft of what you want a designer can tell where your skills are.
Lol my 1sat week in illustrator , you dedicated 4 years of your life to learning this art? Lets see what you have done then. Post some OC

>And yet...you are horrible at it, what does that say about you?
It says i will open a new file and start again. l0l dude no material is wasted, literally costed me nothing. You know what happens when you fuck up real life shit? bad stuff happens.
Hook up an oven with a leaky gas pipe. BOOM! Your house and you explode!!! Wire a ceiling fan loose? It comes crashing down after osciilllating and damages your coffee table, then shorts out as the wirenuts are pulled off. FIRE!
But in this virtual world there is no consequences, so get real dude.....
>>
>>263357
Please stop replying to this vapid cunt, he doesn't understand, he doesn't want to understand and he never will understand.
>>
>>263357
You can't actually be this retarded
>>
>>263370
>stop replying to him
>replies to him
>>
>>263417
Wasn't actually replying to him though.
>>
Please fix your damn card before I have an anxiety attack. You know what just start over...
>>
>>261657
Make the background a different color than the card. Too much orange.
>>
So, you've asked for advice but refuse to change the terrible yellow-red-black colour scheme, and refuse to remove the bar above your name which makes it hard to read, and don't want to look at other business cards as a reference. Some /gd/ posters are abraisive, but you shouldn't get all defensive when given the advise you asked for.
>>
File: cardZ.png (354KB, 2033x1167px) Image search: [Google]
cardZ.png
354KB, 2033x1167px
>>263576
No, that isn't the design anymore.
It is changed already, probably going to go with something like this text wise with the image cutting in on the other diagnal half.
>>
File: kitecard.png (3MB, 1982x1239px) Image search: [Google]
kitecard.png
3MB, 1982x1239px
Latest Revision.

Would something like this work?
>>
>>263726
Probably won't print very well, and way too busy.
>>
>>263726
Too busy
small detail will print like shit
gradients will print like shit
100% black text is jarring
btw OP are you working in RGB or CMYK?
surprisingly better than your previous iterations but still pretty awful.
>>
>>263726
Looks like you actually forgot to censor your phone?
>>
>>263753
Look at this thread. Does OP seem like a person that knows what RGB and CMYK are?
>>
>>263770
I mean I'm sure he owns a printer.
>>
>>263776
I own a car, doesn't mean I know how a transmission works.
>>
>>263780
Fair point man
>>
>>263753

>Too busy
*sweat*
>small detail will print like shit
I can make that better
>gradients will print like shit
ok, ill change that
>100% black text is jarring
What would you suggest to a yellow or orange background?
>btw OP are you working in RGB or CMYK?
CMYK.
>surprisingly better than your previous iterations but still pretty awful.
Thanks guy.
>>263770
Hey guy, i know what RGB is and now i know what cmyk is thanks to google. Since im printing it I should be working in CMYK right?
>>263780
I don't own a car but know how a transmission works. You should google it, maybe you'll appreciate what gets you from A to B more.
>>
>>263726
>>263725
>>262783

Give up on design.

Please.
Forever.
>>
>>263784
Im just never a fan on 100% black I usually do something between 85% and 95% just so its a little less jarring.

think about what you could do with your business card during printing/production. Think about possibly embossing or debossing, Think about metallics or spot colours, digital vs litho.

Anyway OP you do seem like you are trying to learn I just think you need to change your mentality when it comes to design. It's not something anyone can do well. It is special and it is important, it's visual communication, it can change the way people think about you and your company (BP rebranding is a good example).

It's like anyone can cook, anyone take a picture but only the people who truly dedicate time to study and practice these things will produce good results.

Unfortunately your results aren't very good and that isn't a bad thing, you aren't a graphic designer so it's expected. But I commend you for trying something beyond your comfort zone, Just please respect what you are dabbling in and understand that you can't be good at everything.
>>
>>263784
Hey guy, in the time you made these shity designs and wasted everybodys time you could have just worked an hour and gotten an acceptable design from fiverr with the money.
>>
>>263726
Put the number on the back, most people will memorise a website more easily than a number.

If you insist on that color scheme, make the background flat instead.
>>
File: IMAG0003.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0003.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>263791
How about no

>>263794
Thanks, ill google these things.
It's really not that unfortunate however, each attempt i've made has been better than the last, with me improving in my ability to use illustrator. Eventually i'll be happy with something i produce. I also have a website to build from scratch for which all of this practice will come in handy, and which i'll have a lot more freedom with what i produce as it is displayed on a screen, not printed on a 3.5x2" card.

>>263796
This would be true if i didn't plan on using illustrator in the future.

Pic related, how it came out, yellow and red looks like shit, im low on ink.
>>
>>263825
>each attempt i've made has been better than the last

Yeah, only fifty more attempts until you shit out something remotely presentable.

>if i didn't plan on using illustrator in the future

Fuck man, this whole board is screaming this at you but you still don't understand: You suck at graphic design. You have no idea what makes a design good or bad.

You seem to have this "What does it matter if it's not perfect, graphic design isn't important" attitude, but these cards are going to straight up cost you clients.
>>
>>263833
Lets see some of your work then guy.
>>
File: 1455984319509.jpg (46KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
1455984319509.jpg
46KB, 625x351px
>>
>>263725
>2033x1167
had to go back and check the dimensions to make sure i wasn't being delusional.
>>
You've spent half a month on this already. Should've hired a guy on day one and used the time it took you to do this on something you're actually good at, like electronics repair.

DIY only saves you money if you consider your own time worthless.
>>
>>263908
>>261643

Sorry guys I didn't do my homework and read the whole thread but shouldn't we just ask >>>>/wsr/ to help out ?
>>
>>264201
No this idiot wants to do it himself
>>
>>263332
This man is a master troll and you're all falling for it.
>>
>>261643
I'm not even being racist when I say that this is something I would find a "printer" in a detroit neighborhood making for other black people.

Make one using the templates on staples website if you don't want to spend money you idiot. Fucking $12 you won't make it as a business owner if you can't see the value in having a good image as a business.
>>
File: Glowing FOR JEW.png (116KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
Glowing FOR JEW.png
116KB, 1050x600px
>>261643
Is this sort of what this troll was going for, you think?
>>
I don't like the color scheme at all not for a repair company try something bright and simple I'm currently learning graphic communications
>>
>>263725

Shot in the dark at what the white rectangles represent...

three four seven. five two five. five four eight three...

Enjoy, Everyone.
>>
File: Master_86c998_1350797.jpg (55KB, 684x432px) Image search: [Google]
Master_86c998_1350797.jpg
55KB, 684x432px
LMAO so much buttdevastation in this thread.
Seems like a majority of /gd/ is easily flustered.
Anyway figured i'd let you guys know im going to be working on the back of the cards today.
Get ready 2 get your jimmies rustled!

>>264238
Not really, but i like the neon glow.
Did you make this illustrator? If so, would you mind sending the pdf or ai version?

>>264240
What colors would you choose?

>>264242
Got me chuck

>>264237
Autism
>>
>>264323
>Anyway figured i'd let you guys know im going to be working on the back of the cards today.

Besides your poor design skills you look like an awesome guy. Don't you want as a new hobby to start writing a book on how to cope with life or write new stickies / guidelines for 4chan ?
I'm not joking.

To stay that peaceful against all and keeping such willpower...it fills me with determination.
>>
File: db0.jpg (26KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
26KB, 349x642px
>>264323
Got 'em
>>
>>261657
Not super original but very nicely executed
>>
>>262794
Hate it when people go "ohh look what I can do in a minute" when it's the most awful shit ever, what have you proven?
>>
>>262783
I like it, clean and simple and most importantly it uses priniciples of design but its still lacking a little something.
>>
File: busyness.png (58KB, 506x319px) Image search: [Google]
busyness.png
58KB, 506x319px
>>263726
here
>>
>>264833
Nice margins dickhead.
>>
>>264834
like it?
>not giving enough of a fuck to center my shit
>>
>>264835
no I don't like it.
>>
>>264833
I'm thinking that you think you did an awesome job just with not the correct info, but it actually sucks balls. Not even funny
>>
>>264874
its better than all the shit he posted and its just a prank bro. like literally 1 minute in photoshit
>>
File: bc.png (532KB, 1080x1386px) Image search: [Google]
bc.png
532KB, 1080x1386px
Anyone that doesn't mind reading a rather long response, check attachment.
>>
>>264882 #
>like literally 1 minute in photoshit
See >>264448 #

Like what are you trying to say with that? "I can make a shit design in under a minute"? Gj, everyone can.
>>
>>261657
Best coffee in Antwerp if I'm being honest!
>>
>>261643
change the font. change the colours. remove the stroke. basically delete it and start over
>>
>>261656
>>hiring someone to design cards for a side business, I want to make money, not spend it..
>how to bait /gd/
>>
>>264884
This is bullshit.

>look up the golden ratio
this is what college students think graphic design entails
>>
>>264884
This is the worst post I've ever seen on this board
>>
File: patrick bateman card.jpg (5KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
patrick bateman card.jpg
5KB, 304x166px
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.