[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does the zoom tool even exist? is there anyone who actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

why does the zoom tool even exist? is there anyone who actually clicks on the zoom icon and uses it? everyone i know just holds down alt and scrolls or does ctrl/command plus/minus
>>
>not using cmd+spacebar
>>
>not using alt + mouse wheel
>>
>>261123

This guy gets it
>>
I use it because every other program used ctrl + scroll, and I didn't think there was another way. It should exist because I shouldn't have to look up "how photoshop zoom", I should just be able to think "that tool looks like it zooms"

Also alt+drag is shit
>>
>>261131
I suppose you go to the edit window to copy and paste too, faggot.

How hard is it to look up easy shortcuts when learning a program? You barely have to go to the tool bar at all when you know what you're doing, b for brush, e for eraser, m for the marquee too etc, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+a, ctrl+s, ctrl+d etc
>>
>>261091
When learning Adobe tools I hovered over the icons to learn shortcuts.
>>
>>261091
Some laptops don't have numpads with + -, and if you are working with a tablet, it might come handy.
>>
>not reconfiguring your mouse wheel click to an alt key for hold-down+scroll zooming action

Seriously, if you guys haven't considered using a gaming mouse, I'd definitely recommend. Even if you aren't a PC gamer (I'm not) the availability of all those customizable buttons is the fuckin tits. If you download something like X Mouse, you can even map button combos. I programmed mine with a Ctrl Z and all the other usual shortcuts and haven't looked back.
>>
>>261228
I agree with this statement, I use a Coolermaster Inferno CM Storm. Picture related.

I can set up different profiles for different programs, so in Photoshop I have a different set of shortcuts set than I do for Revit, or AutoCAD or whatever. Or I could even set it up for different profiles depending on what I'm doing in PS (photo editing uses a different set of tools to 3D textures to layout design etc)

I particularly like the two extra top buttons that are either side of the right click and left click because they are easy to reach and don't get in the way, and the back thumb button can be pressed to get other buttons a unique short cut ( eg. back thumb button+left click = something else) and you can set up any combination of key presses and (even though it's probably not useful in design but is good in games) set up timing for them so on one mouse button press you can have it press 1 and then wait 2.2 seconds and then press 2, or something like that.

Also properly setting up your tablet with good shortcuts is fantastic for work flow as well, on my intous 3 I have one touch strip be zoom and the other be brush size then I have all the most commonly used short cuts on the buttons, having the most used on the left buttons and other ones on the right. It just means less time spent reaching for the keyboard or working your way through menus.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.