[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

font licence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 8_bit_block_party0.png (28KB, 827x1662px) Image search: [Google]
8_bit_block_party0.png
28KB, 827x1662px
herro /gd/
I'm using font in pic related for my artist's logo (it looks more decent than you're probably imagining, at least I hope).
I'd like to get permission to use it but I can't find the original source or the author or anything like that. Only thing i know it's "Free for personal use" according to dafont. So that's a no until i ask the author i guess?
Also, although I used the font for (heavy) inspiration, I re-made the result in Illustrator, varying it a bit to suit muh needs. But it still looks rather similar.
Thanks and excuse my retardness.
>>
>>260719
Nobody cares. Just use it
>>
As long as you're not sending the font file, you'll probably be fine. And if you just recreated it in Illustrator, then you're golden. The license is literally only for the use of the font file itself.
>>
>>260739
That is only true in certain countries.

Op why don't you contact dafont
>>
>>260725
>>260739
>>260743
Thanks for the advice guys.
The licence being only for the font file makes sense, although i couldnt find anything trustworthy about it.
Contacting dafont about this kind of matter is pointless apparently. They explicitly ask you to use the forum instead, which is stiff dead.
My ego is demanding me to make something more original at this point tho.
Thanks again.
>>
OP many people have made this font before..
>>
Have you tried sending the uploader a message? The uploader uploaded the same font with the same nick other places as well, so it's likely he/she's the original creator. Send a message on all the different services, one of them will likely relay the message via email.
>>
>>261573
What does this mean? It isn't so unique so different people have created similar fonts before ?

>>261606
That's a great suggestion m8. Unfortunately what the profile says in dafont and others doesn't match the font file's copyright info (rclick /properties/details etc). So I don't know how to be sure that I'm contacting the right person.

I've already embarked into trying to do something that feels more 'mine' once it's complete tho, u know?

Thanks everyone!
>>
>>261573
Yeah even I did something very similar to this many years ago when I was recreating the "Ancient" font from Stargate SG-1. I then made another font with a more standard alphabet in the same style. I think it's unoriginal enough to use it safely.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.