[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A word of advice to newbies You don't need illustrator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1442220323709.gif (3MB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
1442220323709.gif
3MB, 240x234px
A word of advice to newbies

You don't need illustrator to make logos. I've been in the industry 13 years today and use photoshop for every single one. My portfolio runs as high as international technology businesses and financial consultants. Leaders in their fields but of course I won't reveal their names because I don't need nor care about your opinion on them.

Morale of the story, make your logos in whatever you want. Skill over software.
>>
This may not be /b/ but...

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>260571
how come there isn't any black people on gd? i've been doing stuff for almost 5 years and never seen or heard about any black gd'ers.
>>
how come graphic desgin is my passion if i havent even bought a logo in the photo-shop?
sry to disprove you
>>
>>260575 here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmBK0_vbYnY
>>
File: image.jpg (523KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523KB, 1024x768px
>>260571
It's always better to have your logos in vector format. Nigga, why the FUCK would you want a pixely-ass logo? What if the client wants a gigantic version of their logo? What then son? Photoshop is only good for rasterized shit. Not logos.
>>
>>260822
rekt
>>
>>260822
I absolutely believe he can just get away with it. You run into these things:
1. Few companies print their logos on something the size of a house. If they do:
2. They outsource this printing to shops that are used to not getting .EPS files on the reg and the print shop either reproduces the logo or outsource an eps creation again
3. Most clients want a jpg or pdf of the logo that then becomes someone else's problem to knock out the BG.

I've worked with a company that prints their logo on the side of their trucks and they didn't know about .EPS or have that file. They asked the designer, who sent them, ironically, a slightly different version of the used logo. We gave them an illustrator created .EPS and they asked for png, jpg, and pdf.

There's just a big difference between Agency-work, or working for a Creative Business that does care, and will get on your ass for this, and Corporate work where no one ones, it's no one's problems, but here's money.
>>
>>260571
the whole reason people use illustrator is because its a vector based program. You can make something in illustrator and have it the size of a thumbtack or the size of a billboard and it won't get all pixely and shit... did i just get b8ed
>>
Word of advice to all newbies: don't take anyone's advice and don't listen to this guy especially.
Learn Illustrator and Photoshop it's not that hard. Hell, learn as many programs as you can. I agree with OP in the idea of skill over software, that is indeed true. But why limit yourself in situations where you don't have to? Sure you can get away with only making logos in Photoshop but it's fucking stupid and pointless. IMO my workflow is much faster on AI than any other software.
To add: if you make a logo on Photoshop and a client asks for a bigger version you're just going to have to remake it whereas you could've just made it in vectors and resized it.
>>
File: 340.png (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
340.png
9KB, 320x320px

You don't need ovens to make pizza. I've been in the industry 13 years today and use microwaves for every single one. My portfolio runs as high as international pizza businesses and pizza consultants. Leaders in their fields but of course I won't reveal their names because I don't need nor care about your opinion on them.

Morale of the story, make your pizza in whatever you want. Skill over cookware.
>>
File: 1449965501255.gif (862KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449965501255.gif
862KB, 500x500px
>13 years today

Happy anniversary, right down to the day! I hope my first day "in the industry" is commemorated somehow. Thanks for all your sagely wisdom! I'm never using illustrator again, and I'm also totally using "morale" in place of "moral" because you for sure know what you're talking about, and aren't a tool at all!
>>
Stop it with this bullshit threads, are we becoming /b/?
>>
As someone who worked in signage (and put logos on trucks) please, don't do raster logos.
>>
File: Asbestos_with_muscovite.jpg (88KB, 455x537px) Image search: [Google]
Asbestos_with_muscovite.jpg
88KB, 455x537px

You don't need synthetic wools to insulate houses. I've been in the industry 13 years today and use asbestos for every single one. My portfolio runs as high as large skyscrapers and governmental buildings. Leaders in their fields but of course I won't reveal their names because I don't need nor care about your opinion on them.

Morale of the story, insulate with whatever you want. Skill over materials.
>>
>>261578
You are my new senpai from now.
>>
>>261578
>>261623
Is this the new meme?
Kek
>>
File: sotrueithurts.png (687KB, 545x537px) Image search: [Google]
sotrueithurts.png
687KB, 545x537px
>>261578
When you put it like that,
Mfw
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.