[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I learn to make a very basic personal logo? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Where do I learn to make a very basic personal logo? I'm not a graphic designer but I just want one to put on my website and use as my favicon. Or where can I pay to get one done by someone who IS a GD? Don't need a complicated one, just something with my initials that looks decent.

I looked at fiverr but it ends up costing $7 (CAD) and I'm a jew.

Thanks friends
>>
If you're just learning the program to design this one Logo I'd pay the money dude.

From a monetary standpoint, this is going to cost you a lot of time which you could use to earn money instead.
>>
>>259147
http://www.thelogofactory.com/logo_blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Guide-to-great-logos-v1.pdf
>>
>>259161
do you think it'd even be worth it to get a personal logo done if it's just for my personal website which hosts my resume (and i'm not even in the gd industry)
>>
>>259162
>http://www.thelogofactory.com/logo_blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Guide-to-great-logos-v1.pdf

>linked page has shit cover page and shit logo

thanks for that
>>
>>259237
No. Not everyone or everything needs a logo. Concentrate solely on nice typography for your site and you can't go wrong.
>>
>>259552
it wasn't about the site but about the text in the ebook.

LOGO DESIGN ACTION LIST

>Step 1 - Determine your budget. While you don’t want to break the bank on your logo, you also don’t want to be “penny wise, pound foolish.” Set a budget you can live with - and be upfront with your designer. Most are flexible and will accommodate realistic budgets.
>Step 2 - Determine your logo usage. The usage of your logo will determine some design factors and technical limitations as well as which logo file formats you will require. What will be the immediate, and primary usage of your logo? This will help your designer how far they can ‘push the envelope’ with your logo.
>Step 3 - Think about the best type of logo that suits your company. There are several different types of logos and each has pros and cons. Your designer can help you determine the type of logo that will best suit your needs – we’ve even assembled a list of logo design tips and road maps that will guide you through the process.
>Step 4 - Consider your audience. What will appeal to your market? What will resonate with your customers? This will help you decide the ‘style’ of logo as well as the type of logo required. Do you want your logo to portray service, speed, economy, exclusivity, etc.
>Step 5 - Take a look at your competitors. You want your logo to be better than your competitors and others in your field, while remaining unique to your company, product or service. What do you like about their logos? What do you not like about their logos? By gauging your particular market, you’ll be able to set some design goals.
>Step 6 - Take a look at logos around you. Logos are all around us. Take a look at the ones you see on a day-to-day basis. Which ones do you like. Which ones do you not like. Which logos give you a good vibe. Ask yourself why? More importantly, ask yourself which logos are appropriate for your business, audience and industry?
>>
could we make this a logo general thread?
i need a bit of inspiration or help on my logo project
>>
>>260789
im making a logo for a friend who works as a joiner. his work is top class, top quality wood work. and we need a logo that shows luxury, detail and quality. we're aiming for the top-shelf customers. And need a classy logo to show that we're serious.
>>
>>260791
http://www.stephenclasper.co.uk/

thi is a nice logo, simple and i think it shows class. but ofcourse its just as important with nice images.

does anyone have any ideas to help me make a logo like tis with the initials M R Joinery?

tnx in advance
>>
>>260792
also maybe just RJ. Rang joinery
>>
File: _1.jpg (1MB, 2000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
_1.jpg
1MB, 2000x4000px
>>260789
>>260791
here's some inspo i collected (not the best ones but the ones i like to look every now and then).
>>
File: _2.jpg (1MB, 2000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
_2.jpg
1MB, 2000x4000px
>>260795
there's a couple more but i haven't finished em.
>>
>>260797
>>260795
thank you. im unsure if im gonna go for a coloured one, or just black and white
>>
File: Westfield-Interior-Fit-Out-22.jpg (535KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Westfield-Interior-Fit-Out-22.jpg
535KB, 1200x800px
>>260795
im thinking either minimalistic font or "old-fashion"
this is really nice
>>
File: Aaron_Draplin-2013.jpg (888KB, 1396x1745px) Image search: [Google]
Aaron_Draplin-2013.jpg
888KB, 1396x1745px
>>260801
usually you start every logo on black & white and then decide if it needs to have colors.
>>
>>260810
i see. tnx
>>260797
>>260795
tnx for all the input. although im looking for something that "says" luxury, quality. mabye something that makes it look one has bin in the business a while and know what the top buyers want.

these are all good impulses, but i need something that the elite will settle for.

Anyone know of any local high class- luxury brands that they could link to or post?

i was starting of with the idea to play on his name and po. he is from england. and in my country the fact that something is British is a sign of exclusivity and top tier, in general.
we,ve bin working for some white glove customers, and noticed that they buy their bedding( e.g) from a "sir bla bla bla". maybe with a family weapon shield and gold lettering.

anyone ever come across logos, or brands like this? . i cant remember the names and i cant find anything either
>>
>>260815
royal/royalty logos
>>
>>260835
oh i like that! thank you annon!
>>
>>260835
that is actually perfect!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.