[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the new logo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 17-met-logo-new.w529.h352.2x.jpg (46KB, 1058x703px) Image search: [Google]
17-met-logo-new.w529.h352.2x.jpg
46KB, 1058x703px
Thoughts on the new logo?
>>
decent
>>
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/metropolitan-museums-new-logo-the-met.html

This article is pretty bad. I don't understand people's obsession with "The" needing to be half the size (or significantly smaller) than "Met". I think there is a wonky balance happening between the two words but I would think that had more to do with the line width than the size of the words.
>>
>>257113

Sucks Egyptian dick. Really bad. Did the CEO of Yahoo cobble that together in her spare time?
>>
So is it good or not?
>>
File: 1452477119300.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452477119300.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>257113
I like it, all my colleagues hate it to death though
I think "THE" should be aligned optically because the T space on the left is bretty bad
>>
>>257136
>This article is pretty bad. I don't understand people's obsession with "The" needing to be half the size (or significantly smaller) than "Met".

"The" isn't a major part of their identity. It tells you nothing about who or what they are, and by itself has literally zero meaning. Unless they're trying to position themselves as THE one, singular, and only entity on earth named "Metropolitan" it's a retarded decision.
>>
Comparing this to the older one, I think the new one is way clearer to anyone who isn't familiar.

There's no way a tourist who's never seen the met logo would associate the old one.

I agree with >>257210 tho
>>
>>257213
It's the only one with branding that specially names itself "The Met" that I know of so yeah that makes sense to me. It's playing off the existing nickname and if the "the" was smaller you wouldn't have the same effect (because you refer to it as "The Met" more than just "Met").
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.