[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Interview Tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1455627327629.jpg (90KB, 680x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455627327629.jpg
90KB, 680x800px
It's rare for me to get interviews, so this is a big deal. I've done all I could to prepare myself:
>>
whoops i forgot to finish the my original poost

>researched company
>prepared portfolio
>practiced interview questions

Yet I still feel unprepared and I'm fucking terrified. Like a lot of you here I suffer from really severe anxiety. I also have ADD, but I NEED this job more than anything. Being a NEET does not pay off student loans.
>>
>>256886
No one cares about generic interview questions.

Is your work any good.
Can you talk about your work
Do you know stuff surrounding your area of expertise. If you're a digital designer do you have a good understanding of print techniques, and vice versa, etc. This kinda stuff makes people stand out. Being well informed about tertiary subjects related to your field.

What's the job?
>>
>>256887

Graphic designer for a branding agency.
>>
>>256888
Do you have a portfolio? I mean one to take with you.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about the job. Talk graphic design with them like you would with another graphic designer. Shit that gets you excited, a style or way of working that you want to experiment with, and so on and so on.

I've had to help interview a lot of people before. We couldn't care less if you have anxiety or aren't super animated if you sound like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>256885
Snort some Zoloft before the interview.
>>
>>256890
Yes I have one to take with me. How much stuff should i take with me? I have books, invitations, and a bunch of other stuff.

Should I bring my concept/process sketches too? What about the digital stuff like animations? Should I bring an iPad (even though it's all on my website/online portfolio)?
>>
how did it go
>>
>>257020

I thought it went really well. I gave fair answers to the general questions (to the best of my ability), but since it was a design position, the majority of it was me going over my portfolio and explaining that. I absolutely NAILED that in my opinion and she said she "loved it" and that my work was "beautiful" and all that stuff.

The thing is, a lot of people say that but I don't think it's genuine. In addition to that she didn't even say we'll call you if we decide to move forward. She just said you have my contact information, let me know if you have questions later on (I did ask questions during the interview though).

Like, why would I need to contact you again other than to follow up on that interview? That sounds like something you would tell a candidate AFTER you reject them. I don't know, now I'm kinda worried.
>>
>>256893
Does it work differently from swallowing Prozac?
>>
>friend from university calls me out of nowhere
>theres a graphic designer vacant on the agency his working
>he likes a lot my works and portfolio so he tells me to apply, he already talked about me to his boss
>sets up everything and tells me to send my portfolio and that his boss already agreed to callme the next day to set an appointment
>send them my portfolio but they never reply my mail or callme back

Got excited for nothing
>>
>>257202
OP here

This happens to me all the fucking time. Don't tell me you love my portfolio. If it's not good enough for you to even give me an interview then it's obviously shit.
>>
I can’t emotionally connect to OP.

Smart people don’t study to get rich. Normies do.

You’re a pitiful sellout, OP. Right from the birth.

I CONDEMN.
>>
File: hope.jpg (28KB, 299x462px) Image search: [Google]
hope.jpg
28KB, 299x462px
>>257023
>you have my contact information, let me know if you have questions later on
That sounds like you got the job. Wouldn't make sense otherwise... Gratz OP!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.