[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /gd/ can you rate my website homepage and design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Hey /gd/ can you rate my website homepage and design?
>>
>>255937
die/10
>>
>>255938
Rude, at least give him some actually useful feedback ffs.
>>
>>255960
What's the deal with "/Biz/ness?" It honestly throws me off completely because everything else is all professional until you read that, or is it a placeholder?
>>
>>255970
Didn't mean to reply to that.
>>
>>255937
Did you even try / 10
My gf could make a better website in 5 mins / 10
I could make a better website in 20 min / 10
>>
Anon, is your website live? Can we visit it somewhere?
I'd like to critique it after seeing it on my browser.
>>
>>255992
yeah it's called thebizness.org
>>
It looks like you just put a background image. There is no design here
>>
>>256001
It looks very amateurish.
The background image should be of a better quality.
The "welcome to the biznezz" could use some improvement. Perhaps a transparent background. And change its font, too. There are some great ones on Google Fonts. Remove the underline when hovered; instead change its color. Actually, is there a point on it being clickable? It just takes you to the same page you're on. In any case, it should be the orange "biznezz" at the top the thing that took you to the index page.

The font you chose for the forums/sub-forums could be a llittle bigger, because it doesn't look right like this. Kinda messy. Maybe if you don't make it bold it would look nicer. Remember to make bold the things you want to stand out. The title of the website, or the title of the main forums, but not the sub-forums.

Now, the "bizness" at the top and the controls on the top-right should be aligned at the same height. I mean, the distance between them and the top margin of the page should be the same. Yeah sorry for my english, I don't know how to say this better.

Add a little padding on the Login and Register buttons.

You could also remove those transparent background and add a white border and more padding. Google "ghost button css" to get some examples, that what's trending and they look awesome.

That's all I can think about right now. If you make those changes let me know and I will try to help you more. Good luck, anon. At least the website is responsive! Did you code it yourself?
>>
>>256016
Thanl you! This was very helpful I will be sure to do those things and use I basically customized phpbb which was pretty hard to do
>>
>>256016
If only everyone was based as this anon.
>>
>>256093
You can apply common sense, compare this website with any good website, and see these differences yourself. Your kind is lucky enough to have a nice guy explaining it for you.
>>
>>256027
Let me know if you need help with anything and I will post a quick code here.
>>256093
Thanks, anon. 4chan can be a nice place, not everything is insults and shitposting.
>>
>Not responsive
>Links are indistinguishable from regular text

Designing a website isn't hard just go to behance copy pasta some things that work and you're good to go. Design for mobile first, most people access the internet via their smart phones these days.

5/10 keep trying senpai.
>>
>>256222
It looks better when its on its side
>>
>>256316
>I look better when it's being used the way no one used their phone
Wow, what a useful thing to say!
>>
>>255937

If you're barely using elements look at the words as elements of the whole. Look into typography on dribbble or pinterest
>>
>>255937
>Hey /gd/ can you rate my website homepage and design?

also pls rate this www..zuppajakarta.xyz
>>
This need more styling man... I also dont like the city being the complete background...
Get some background for those buttons and some rollover changes also it looks so cluttered. Using a chart or numbering them off will make your website more cohesive.
>>
Thank You everyone! this as all been very helpful
>>
>>255937

I'd seriously consider a menu bar with drop-down submenus for those three columns of text.
>>
File: better bizzness beeyouro.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
better bizzness beeyouro.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Did you consider using a grid?

If you want to read a book to improve your typography, I recommend this:
http://www.amazon.com/Non-Designers-Design-Book-4th/dp/0133966151/
Super easy to read, doesn't over complicate things, gives great examples, etc.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.