[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Sup /gd/ , I recently lost/passed on a job offered up to me by a friend for a logo/package design. The main reasons (which may seem stupid) are because first, she was extremely adamant about using Papyrus for the logo and second, inevitably because regardless what I showed her for concepts she failed to mention that what she wanted was a recreation of her initial "concepts" and not an original logo creation. I have little to no experience in freelance work so I eventually lost the work. Pic is what she ended up with by going to another designer. She's completely satisfied and is convinced it's a great logo. I just want to know what /gd/ thinks...
>>
>>255077
Ugly. Your friend has terrible taste and no filter. I can see where the designer was thinking, but every bad impulse was followed, and not even refined.

Really, if this is what she's happy with, you can't convince her otherwise. But you can be satisfied with knowing you dodged a rough customer.

Out of curiosity, can we see what you pitched?
>>
File: CookieDoughPackage3.jpg (1MB, 1794x1124px) Image search: [Google]
CookieDoughPackage3.jpg
1MB, 1794x1124px
>>255078

This is the first rough I gave her, I had other a bunch of other concepts of the logo as well but I didn't even really get a chance to show them to her
>>
>>255080
Looking back now I see obvious design flaw.
what she didn't like was that the logo wasn't whimsical enough and the whole thing was too "manly"
>>
Both of the images you provided is awful. I know it sucks when a client wants a certain something, but you kind of have to honor it. You can offer alternatives and offer opinions, but ultimately it's about what they want.
>>
>>255083

I agree, I think my roughs were pretty bad, didn't really get a chance to redesign it unfortunately
>>
>>255080
>>255084

Well, it's not great, but I like more for _some_ of the font choices. A for effort?
>>
Yeah sorry yours was pretty bad too. If that's what she was comparing it too, seeing as she's the kind of person to call her business "nom-aste", I understand why she chose what she did.

If you're hoping to do better next time, I suggest researching papyrus like fonts and giving her a range of options, while explaining to her why people don't like to use or customers respond well to a stereotyped, overused font. You design was imbalance, had a ton of unused or misused space, and the color scheme was just ill advised. I can't imagine how bland church-flyer pamphlet that would have looked printed.

Tl;Dr use space better, balance your composition, use brighter colors and a more cohesive color scheme, and work with your client not against, but also make sure they know you have experience and are knowledgable and a professional . Except it seems like you need a little more experience.
>>
>>255077
This shit is hilarious, primarily because the product looks like actual fucking shit ("Now with pecan nuts!")

Considering the business acumen of someone who names their company "NOM-estae", the design she went with makes sense for the kind of image she is trying to get across. Sure, the image might be pretty stupid and unprofessional, but its what she wanted. The background coupled with the overall flow of the logo works in that it leads your eye the right way and gives it a sense of movement towards the image of the product (the actual content of the logo has a long way to go before you can say it works, but that's another issue).

Remember, professional doesn't mean boring. You have to go outside of the realm of ultra-corporate logos if you want to sell a product like that. I would have started of by suggesting other fonts and then gone from there.
>>
>>255077
I hate it when professionals refuse to do my bidding because they thinknits a bad idea. Fuck you I pay you to jump you jump.
>>
>>255077
those cookies look like nutty pieces of dog shit.
>>
>>255103
>>255106

I could have probably used the space more efficiently but she also wanted that series of black and white logos, and the "our story" part included. The blank space was for a the nutritional information. From what she originally showed me I thought it was to be a wide style nutritional information chart. I did try to research more font options but she was adamant about Papyrus, I even included Papyrus in the logo redesigns which I didn't get to show her.

>>255123
I'll keep that in mind next time and just take the money if they're going to throw it out anyway
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.