[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experimenting with colors :)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: INCYDK.png (133KB, 2200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
INCYDK.png
133KB, 2200x1500px
Do the colors look good together?
(and is it maybe a little too offenisve/cynical?)
>>
File: 343.jpg (35KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
35KB, 600x800px
>>254648
>>
File: 1435624637.jpg (49KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1435624637.jpg
49KB, 500x669px
>>254648
>>
>>254648

What they mean is, no.
>>
NOT.
>>
>>254648
I don't think it could be done any worse than what you just did.
>>
>>254959
this is the only worse combo i can think of right now.
>>
File: equiluminant.png (221KB, 1914x1048px) Image search: [Google]
equiluminant.png
221KB, 1914x1048px
Don't put equiluminant colors next to eachother, at least not in areas that are that big. Putting equiluminant colors adjacent to eachother can be used with positive effect (done in impressionism, e.g. Monet), but if you just do it without being careful about it, it ends up looking annoying as hell.
>>
>>254648
>look good
definitely not good,
for sure engaging.

>>254995
>Don't put equiluminant colors next to eachother
kek, why not?

do want you want, OP
>>
>>255045
Because putting equiluminant colors next to eachother creates a shimmering effect, as your eye/brain is confused about the disconnect where stuff is (determined by luminosity) and what stuff is (determined by hue.)

As I said, you can use it to positive effect if you know about it and use it deliberately, but if you just put two huge blobs of equiluminous colors next to eachother like that, it's just going to look hella annoying.
>>
>>255069
im getting the 'old school', esthetics and stuff how to make
content more alluring for target, but what im trying to say
>your eye/brain is confused
for me that sound like everything gd is about
>>
>>255070
I'm not your mom, I'm not telling you what you're allowed to do or not, just letting you know what you should probably be aware of if you want to improve your designs. If you understand it and you are aware of it, you can use it in a good way.

Also, GD is all about visual clarity, NOT confusion. Pick up any book on any GD-related topic, and you'll see they always hammer that home. Clarity in the message, clarity in the call to action, ...

Here, have a video of C.K. talking about clarity and mystery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nI65jgHG9o
>>
>>255071
i'm not trying convince you, that you are wrong, or smth like that.

i've just started to think about the potential that might be in the odd colour palette.

if you take a look around you, you'll notice that every fucking thing around you is designed by the same rules you are talking about. all stuff must fit to the canon. dogma
in the other hand there is still growing glitch/vaporwave counteroffensive, which is caused (i guess) by weariness of fast-food gd.

im wondering how to push it further.
>>
File: smpl.jpg (92KB, 1131x893px) Image search: [Google]
smpl.jpg
92KB, 1131x893px
>adobe kiddies using kuler to find algorithmic color sets
>>
>>254648
looks great OP (I'm color blind(but to be honest it looks like shit))
>>
>>255079
Being against the status quo has a long long history in art. Just read up on e.g. impressionism.

Most of the time, being against the status quo only gains you approval and recognition with other artists. More often than not, the status quo at some given time is what it is because that's what the general population actually enjoys. There were some exceptions, like impressionism.

Either way:

- you have to know the rules first to push them further
- anybody can push the rules, it's not hard -- but pushing them so that the end-result is actually pleasing to and successful with a general audience (hard) or at least a small "elite group" of designers (easier) that's the difficult part.

glitch/VW for instance only achieves the latter. Most people don't enjoy it. Not that it's not OK to create art for a small "elite" group; but it means your stuff will not be marketable and you run risk of becoming detached and autistic (professional 4chan term). So only doing that kind of thing is not a very healthy thing.
>>
>>254648
>ICYDK
>I See Dick
>>
>>254648
Unreadable. Colors are a bad choice. Font is boring. QR codes are dead af.
>>
>>255202
What do you use?
>>
>>254993
fuck, my eyes have cancer now. thank you for that...
>>
>>255202
>uses corel
>feels cool about it
kill yourself :^)
>>
I'm stealing this.
>>
>>255945
>sucks adobe's dick or pirates their shit
>thinks he's credible
Go find your balls, kiddo.
>>
File: Esoteric.png (213KB, 2200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Esoteric.png
213KB, 2200x1500px
OP is back, now with a hopefully better colorblend.....(but a bit boring)
>>
>>256883
PS: Thanks for the nuanced and informative response. :)
>>
>>254648

No. Use adyacent colors or if you are lazy go to Adobe Kuler or other pages looking for better combinations.

>>256883
IMO much better.
>>
File: 1430519548495.gif (1MB, 326x246px) Image search: [Google]
1430519548495.gif
1MB, 326x246px
>>256883
>Mid-greys
>>
File: heart.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
heart.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey, guys!
Not OP here, did something just for fun and to practice clipping mask in Illustrator.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>254993
Patrick?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.