[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoo ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 029.gif (453KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
029.gif
453KB, 210x210px
Sup guys, my parents cant figure put what to give me for my 21st birthday, so i figured i could get a tattoo. But i cant figure out what to put on my body. I want something that involves my parents, me loving them and something minimalistic. Please help me out guise. Inb4 infinity sign
>>
>>254644
>Infinity Symbol
Well you can go with !n if you want something less traditional.
>>
>>254646
What's !n
>>
>>254646
>!n
I think Mathf.Infinity would be a better choice.
>>
>>254647
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion
>>
What do i recurse?
>>
File: sparrow.jpg (218KB, 1292x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sparrow.jpg
218KB, 1292x1500px
>>254644
As someone with a bunch of tattoos, don't get one without giving it a lot of thought.
I have a policy for it.
>think of tattoo idea
>wait 1 year
>if it still seems like a good idea, get it done
This has prevented a bunch of shitty stuff on my body and I don't regret any of the ones I have, unless some of my friends who end up doing cover-ups or adding shit around to distract from their crappy ones.

>infinity sign
please don't
>What's !n
same thing, nerdier... still don't

Don't just get one to look cool.
Get something you like. It doesn't have to be literal though, you can get a tattoo of a potato and you will know why you got it. Not the typical parent-loving imagery but it does work.
Also, it might be needless to say, but stay away from memes/pop-culture references.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>254657
I'm avoiding anything like sparrows, dream cathers, feathers, spiders webs and other generic things. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for several years now but i just cant think of something. Do you regret your first tattoo? And if you don't, how did you think of it. Thanks for the advice btw.
>>
File: 20160201_183124.png (137KB, 284x436px) Image search: [Google]
20160201_183124.png
137KB, 284x436px
>>254660
>I'm avoiding anything like sparrows, dream cathers, feathers, spiders webs and other generic things
Glad to hear this, this wold doesn't need more people in their early 20s with flocks of birds.
>Do you regret your first tattoo?
Got my first one when I was 18 or so, don't regret it (pic related) and I'm 30 now.
It's small, simple, invisible (unless I'm shirtless), nobody gets it and it means a lot to me (not that tattoos should always be meaningful).
>how did you think of it.
It was meant to remind me of an amazing night where I took acid with some friends and we experienced a bunch of stuff that defies any scientific logic/explanation.
I was really into Lewis Carroll at the time and I thought an abstract representation of a rabbit hole would be pretty neat. It has a cross instead of a face cause I didn't want to have eyes looking at me on the mirror (I do have 3 faces now).
>>
>>254662
Thats a nice tattoo man. Do you design your tattoo's by yourself, or does the tattoo guy do it for you by request. My parents wanted to give me a gold signet ring, but i cant wear it at work, and if i take it off i'm sure i'll lose it. So thats the best tattoo i can think of, on my rib cage or something.
>>
>>254665
>Do you design your tattoo's by yourself, or does the tattoo guy do it for you by request.
Sketch some ideas, find an artist you trust and get him to make a design based in your ideas.
That way you are sure the artist gets to work comfortable and not end up doing some crap he tried to copy. Also, some things seem good on paper but don't translate well to skin.

>a gold signet ring
>on my rib cage
I think that's kind of cringey but whatever man, it's your body
I would go for something totally unrelated, you know what's it all about, no need to be literal about it. Think of your favorite books for example.
>>
File: 8cBj3GIh.jpg (98KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8cBj3GIh.jpg
98KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>254732
Nice!
A little to hipstery for me but I love the fact that it reminds me of the usb logo
>>
File: bIx91ruh.jpg (133KB, 1002x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bIx91ruh.jpg
133KB, 1002x1024px
>>
I see the thread is dead. Thanks guys!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.