[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1410716319519.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1410716319519.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Some time ago an anon uploaded this CV. As far as I remember, he said it was a Latex template. Does anyone have this template file? Or does anyone know the font so I could re-create this style?
>>
File: 2016.png (62KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
62KB, 1240x1754px
>>254049
is it too pretentious to put HTML, CSS & JS under Languages?

English is not my native language btw
>>
>>254216
>Languages - CSS - kek.
- but on the off-chance you are serios..

>English is not my native language..
- Then, do not list English *first* on your CV, not even in jest. And don't be putting shit like CSS under 'Languages' either, that all (HTML, JSS, etc) goes under 'Additional Skills' or similar. And centre-justified, left justified, etc. - pick one (preferably, the latter) and stick to it already.
>>
>>254216
The line...
"Photography, branding, printing, social media, web design, illustration"

Looks confusing. Is it it's own row of experience, or do they split in half under the two job experiences already listed?
>>
>>254216
I think it's clever. As long as you are applying for a job where you will be using them, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>254049
Can't read it, + 1 for LaTeX, crest is an interesting choice, don't think it will harm you but not sure if it help either, kinda cool I guess.

>>254216
That's not a CV, it's a word cloud. Alignment is off on random stuff. Start from scratch. Web technologies don't belong in the same section as real languages.
>>
>>254238
-yeah, employers just love what may be either a quirky non-conformist comedian who thinks they are being funny/clever continually, or, may indeed be unaware enough of the generally accepted form in English usage to be playing with it ironically - they just made a cunt of it.

An employer may also briefly (after a glance) wonder which scenario was more likely. They may even have arrived at an answer before the CV hits the bottom of the wastepaperbasket.

People, join the fucking cluetrain here. Employers (and HR, etc.) - they all busy, busy people, wot dont have fucking time, patience or otherwise for 'quirky' layouts, or similar time-and-nerve-costing bullshit. They want information, they want skills/experience, they want it clean, readable, understandable and, above all else, they want it quick.

If you want to fuck about woth CV layouts and make it 'standout' - you fucking better be called Sagmeister, or Brody, or whoever the fuck - or, at least have the talent to do so. Because, if you dont? - Why then, stop wasting yours and everyone elses time, and keep it fucking simple, clean and readable, and put something in it an employer may value - Protip: this is not the fucking current entire content list of an Adobe® Creative Cloud™ subscription. Etcetera.
>>
>>254049
Pls stop posting my CV on 4chan m8.
The font is Ubuntu. Yes, it was made on Linux, you macfag motherfucker.
>>
>>254049
This CV is not great, why do people aspire to it? Look at all that blank space on the second page, condense this thing down to one full looking page

>>254216
Where's the content???
>>
>>254254
Pas OP, mais si c'est toi qui a fait ce C.V., je voulais juste dire qu'il n'a rien d'exceptionnel et ne saute pas aux yeux.
>>
>>254247
>dont have fucking time, patience or otherwise for 'quirky' layouts, or similar time-and-nerve-costing bullshit.

I've never understood the overdesigned resume trend. Like... you are a designer. Your primary goal is to make something functional. If your resume is quirky and difficult to understand, you are showing the recruiter what an incompetent designer you are.

Show off the quirkiness in the portfolio, but make that resume professional, easy-to-read, and fancy as fuck. DESIGN it, don't vomit on it.
>>
>>254254

Ton CV est trop long, 1 page seulement

Tu as beaucoup d'espace blanc et pourrait en faire usage pour densifier tes bullet-points (plus de concret et de chiffres, moins de bullshit)
>>
File: cv.png (272KB, 910x1178px) Image search: [Google]
cv.png
272KB, 910x1178px
Seeking for advice.

> Opinions on Open Sans
> Is the word density too much
> What can I add to make it a bit more aesthetic

This resume is stuffed but feels definitely souless

It's also an old CV of mine and I know one "f" is missing its uppercase.

> inb4 French frog too
>>
>>255035
from a design perspective:
needs more breathing room/white space
line length is too long
headings arent stand-out enough

play around with a grid system.
try 2 columns, 3 columns max.

from a HR perspective, it looks fine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.