[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First timer here trying to design a logo for a new company. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: logo.gif (2KB, 240x248px) Image search: [Google]
logo.gif
2KB, 240x248px
First timer here trying to design a logo for a new company. I "borrowed' this from google. Any thoughts on how to make it look non-retarded and professional?
>>
>>253808
>stealing someone else's logo

Leave.
>>
>>253809

I'm going to modify it
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (20KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
20KB, 1024x1024px
smoothed out edges using blur + level adjustment as per a youtube tutorial
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
im shit
>>
Indeed you are.
>>
File: justfuckmylogoup.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmylogoup.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
+75 kernel
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (21KB, 1024x321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
21KB, 1024x321px
cropped + side writing
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (21KB, 1024x321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
21KB, 1024x321px
black underline even needed?
>>
please stop
>>
>>253819
Stop shitposting. This is still theft, and your "designs" are getting progressively worse. This won't hold up in court either. Also, this isn't your personal blog/garbage can. We don't want to see every step of your monstrous abomination.

Leave.
>>
I'll wait for a more helpful anon to drop by, thanks
>>
Please uninstall AI and PS. Thank you, on behalf of the /gd/ community.
>>
>>253810
leave.
>>
>>253813

>trajan
>bold and normal size
>>
File: desinger.png (259KB, 618x410px) Image search: [Google]
desinger.png
259KB, 618x410px
>>253808
>"borrowed"

Do something original. Here's how you do it:
1) research what other companies in that field are doing.
2) compile what's successful
3) Sketch some ideas based on what you've learned, as well as a few ideas that you imagine from whole cloth.
4) Ask friends, colleagues, the client, which one of the sketches resonates with them.
5) Start polishing the ones that have the most positive reaction.
6) Ask for more feedback, eliminate the ones that don't get the best reaction.
7) Repeat until there's only one left, and then polish that one further.

and finally,

8) Never steal someone's artwork again. Seriously. You're probably a decent person offline, just trying to grow into your big-person pants as a designer. Plagiarism is serious, and hurts your reputation in the long-run. Clients notice this shit, and people talk. Don't let theft define who you become, and you'll fine that your own work will get better that way. And some day in the future, you'll be repeating something similar to what I've written here, to some jackass who might be attempting to steal something YOU or a fellow designer you know made.
>>
>>253899

>designer.png
>>
>>253899

I really do appreciate the message. Even though i'm not a "designer", just a n00b, I will endeavour to be more cautious about blatant plagiarism in future.
>>
>>253957
I made that once when some guy asked for critique for his professional logo, letterhead, and business card. Dude mis-spelt "designer" as "desinger." I like to throw this pic out occasionally, especially when making a point.

>>253984
Call yourself what you want to be, and you're closer to it then you think! And good! I'm glad I reached you.
>>
>>254024

I didn't even notice it was misspelled, the guy just looks like a total gay.
>>
>>254044
Eh, it was the first useable picture when I searched "hipster designer."
>>
File: 4L_4xaXrx0S.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
4L_4xaXrx0S.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>254024
Yo this thread ended up way better than it started. I want to apologize to OP. I'm so used to defending against typical 4chan shitposting on this board that I didn't even make an attempt to be civil, I just told him to fuck off essentially instead of being helpful. I made assumptions and expectations about him that were unfair and inaccurate. You turned it into a reasonable, practical, helpful dialogue. That's the sort of thing this board needs. You've inspired me to stop trying to fight shitposting with shitposting. Thank you. Enjoy your Thursday, anon. I hope you find twenty bucks on the ground.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.