[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit needs to stop. The last two weeks have been awful. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: GD.jpg (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GD.jpg
3MB, 1500x1500px
Shit needs to stop. The last two weeks have been awful. I want my slow /gd/ back :(
>>
stop browsing 4chan if you don't want memes
>>
>>253719
I would love a slightly less slow /gd/ if it wasn't so clogged with hot garbage. Although most of it was that one kid and the usual idiots asking for free work.
>>
>>253749
I also mean those shitty "plz r8 my shit" where 8th grades post their shitty meme oc, tryin to be funny. I know that shit 404'd eventually, but it takes to fucking long, and as u said, cloggs the whole fucking catalog.
>>
...жĖж with le edgy name.
>>
>>253774
>tripfags in general
>>
>>253774
I'm just glad that dumbass is gone.

There's not enough of us here to really defend from shitposters, but thankfully the mods seem to move pretty quick here compared to bigger boards.
>>
>>253992

see? I mean this shit.
>>
>>253719
I wanted to make a thread like yours a few days ago. Besides what you said, I would like to add something as well, which is more of a pet peeve than anything else, but it’s starting to upset me. And I don’t understand why it happens specifically to this board: a vast majority of these posts butcher the language, have no regards towards punctuation, they use “xD” unironically, and their grammar is preposterous. Now I don’t expect everyone on the Internet to strictly obey every single rule and behave like elitists, but combine that with their defensive attitude when you tell them that their work is shit (which it is), and they start acting like imature kids… Some of them are from third world countries or Eastern Europe, judging by the copy in the design. And that doesn’t bother me at all—heck, I live in one of them—but it seems that they have no quality standards for anything. I apologize for this rant, but I hate to see the catalog filled with worthless threads and OP bumping his own thread as the only reply. It's just that I wish /gd/ was at a higher level than shitposting boards.
>>
meme
>>
File: 4L_2pXa1jxa.jpg (110KB, 500x732px) Image search: [Google]
4L_2pXa1jxa.jpg
110KB, 500x732px
>>254063
It's a weird dynamic. Graphic Design is a profession for many of us, but this board exists because it is also a hobby or interest for many people. In theory, we should be posting links to design blogs and discussing artists and styles and how to most effectively communicate information to users, and other utilitarian methods. This should be a board for sharing ideas. But so few professional Graphic Designers post here, that most of what we get is asswipes demanding free work and kids shitposting their trash everywhere. So for me personally, as a career graphic designer, I don't feel comfortable posting any of my work or having these discussions, because I am forced to assume that most users here are approaching the board with a completely different mindset. I have yet to find a single GD community on the internet that is much more than GD noobs asking for advice. That's not a bad thing, I think it's wonderful that they're able to get help from more experienced people, and God knows that's been helpful to me in the past too! But I haven't yet found a community of GDers just shooting the shit and talking shop about GD related stuff. It doesn't help that I work in Seattle and all the GD hangouts end up being weird TEDx knockoffs or awkward networking meetings for college students. Again, those things are great and super helpful, but also not what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, or maybe I shouldn't be looking for a GD community online? I have no idea. I do love the potential of this board, and I really want to help support it with good discussions to outweigh the shitposts, but I'm honestly not sure how.
>>
>>254071
After reading, I think this may have sounded much more vitriolic than I intended. I apologize, I did not intend to sound mean spirited. I'm hopeful. And again, I want to help, but I'm really not sure how.
>>
File: Capture.png (45KB, 1348x704px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45KB, 1348x704px
>>254072
I fully agree with what you said.
Regarding your search for a community, I'd suggest designernews.co. You've probably heard of it already, it's quite famous. Unfortunately it's ridden with cancerous SJWs. Other than that, I have no idea.
>>
File: OP_is_a_whiny_drip.jpg (44KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_a_whiny_drip.jpg
44KB, 460x500px
>>253719
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.