[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which 3D modelling program will become a huge asset to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 7Rl6N.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7Rl6N.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
Which 3D modelling program will become a huge asset to learn and familiarize myself with?

Like web design, I feel like it's something I should have at least an idea with, to draft up 3D models of products... I was considering AutoCAD, but is there something more encouraged to learn?
>>
I also want to add... Which software would be more useful for a graphic designer?
>>
File: Joey_Camacho-365_365_web.jpg (175KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Joey_Camacho-365_365_web.jpg
175KB, 750x750px
>>253626
do you use after effects/element 3d?, it seems the obvious choise for any gd.
it depends really. most people say cinema 4d have the most friendly UI, Max 3ds seems to appeal more to people who want to look more professional and want to learn every detail about the 3d industry. there's a thread on /3/ where they're discussing whether or not Maya and 3ds should merge since they're very similar and both are made by autodesk. Blender (free software) have a huge community if you are interested in forums and that stuff.
about autocad i think is more for people who want to do architecture, industrial design etc.
if you don't know anything about 3d try zbrush is actually quite fun to start learning modeling (once you learn the basics). other options are: nuke, touchdesigner, rhinoceros (and grasshopper), modo, quixel suite.
i expect more people on the future to start combining programming and visual programming with graphic design:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAuDCOl9qrk
look for d3,js, vue.js, vvvv(+js), processing and anything from plethora project for more.
>>
>>253637
Quixel is a Texturing programm, no modeling.

Also zbrush might be pretty confusing for non organic stuff.
>>
File: ahora.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ahora.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>253637
Damn, this is a good post.

I know very little about 3d stuff.
I do use Element3D in Ae though and import .obj files which I model in Cinema4D.
It's pretty easy and you can male pretty good stuff with it.

Element3D gets buggy sometimes.
>webm related
I've been trying to find out why the jagged-edges/reflection-vibrancy happen, but I can't just figure it out.
Tried rendering it with every possible hardware-mode-fps combination, still no success. Any of you anons have any idea on what else to try?

>>253637
>>254263
>Z Brush
Once again, I know very little about 3D stuff, but I had the impression Zbrush was the go-to for texturing, not modelling. Never tried it. Looks sexy.
>>
>>254269
That Could be some driver issue or you have 2 faces (polys) on top of each other, this cause the flickering. Try selecting one face and delete it, if theres one underneath, it is the Double face thingy.

As I said. zbrush is pretty good, but for non organic stuff you should learn Maya or Max. Check Arimus 3D on YouTube, the Best tutorials you can get for Max and a bit zbrush.

But zBrush is pretty damn good at what it does. I use it for Texturing and modeling. It's much more comfortable than Substance painter or Mudbox somehow.
>>
>>253626
I think cinema 4d would be a great asset, its great for both modelling and mograph, c4d works well with AE cc and it has tons of great tutorial you could find on the web.
>>
>>>/3/
>>
>>254303
I have 3 different vectored layers.
A disc.
A ring.
The coin design.
All extruded to different values till they make sense.

I guess overlaping layers may happen because of this...
Do you think comforfming the 3 layers as an .obj in cinema4d would fix ir?
>>
>>254410
You should try and See. I have no Experience with c4d, but it might fix your Problem. I only use Maya.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.