[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a deadline for a 5 minute animation video with sound due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 01.jpg (403KB, 809x1024px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
403KB, 809x1024px
I have a deadline for a 5 minute animation video with sound due by tomorrow morning. I'm pretty fucked although I don't know exactly how fucked I am because I've not really worked that much with edge animate but I want to at least get a 50% if possible. (meaning I want to turn 'something' in)
Any and all help on how to get everything done by tonight would be very much appreciated.
>>
File: z9bxZB0.jpg (926KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
z9bxZB0.jpg
926KB, 1200x900px
bamp
>>
do something avant garde
>>
Does anyone know whether I should use edge animate or flash, which would be easier and faster ?
>>
File: 21.jpg (62KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
62KB, 720x540px
>>253476
>>
>>253476
Which are you better at?
Honestly you sound rather fucked, and I'm not familiar with Edge at all, but Flash has tweens that could make it, while probably shitty looking, way quicker to make if you just map out the major changes in whatever you're animating.
>>
>>253479
I am pretty noob at both but have worked on both so Iim trying to make some simple stuff, I just dont know where to begin or what the story should be because I want a simple to animate type of story if that makes sense.
>>
What is the scope of this animation? Is it animating characters? Do they want it to be frame by frame or is tweening keyframes alright?

No matter what you're fucked desu
>>
>>253476
neither are good. I'd recommend using plain JS or at least JQuery. It's not that hard to learn the basics. No one even knows what kind of animation this is in the foirst place. I've seen some JS animations that look stunning, and other ones are just basic CSS animations.
>>
>>253513

Are you actually fucking suggesting that someone should learn how to code just to do animation?
/g/ please
>>
>>253514
It's basically a requirement if you're animating professionally. Especially motion graphics. Unless you're a concept artist at disney you're going to be either polishing the back end of a motion graphic or writing your own scripts for maya/photoshop

You can get by without it but it's an inevitability
>>
>>253542

I'm not denying its value but it is not beginner level animation
>>
Did OP died?
>>
>>253671
lmao yeah

>>253542
He's making a five minute animation and he didn't even specify that it was for some sort of an art class, it's likely some project for his english class or something.

op post results pls
>>
>>253671
>>253674
I'm doing a graphical design course with a couple hours of animation here and there.
We have to make a 5 minute video to showcase the things we've learned at the end of the semester.
I literally gave up and told my teacher that I had not done shit so she gave me another day to turn something in.
I used that day to play league of legends, csgo and I also watched some streams combined with a little heartstone because I have no discipline.
I am now 6ish hours away from having to turn it in, sleep deprived and still not a step further.
Its not for art class. Again any help I can get on this would be appreciated but I just don't know where to start.
>>
>>253693
Nothing can help someone like you besides yourself. You obviously don't care about the class so be prepared to fail it.
>>
>>253693

>get an extra day extension
>leave it to the last minute again
You are beyond saving
one minute of animation takes multiple hours even for an experienced animator
>>
>>253693
Wow. The teacher was kind enough to give you one final chance and ya blew it. We're not going to do the work for you, OP.

Get fucked.
>>
>>253721
I just cant make myself work, I dont know what I can do to keep myself rolling, I just look at a blank sheet and nothing comes out of my head so I try to distract myself.
Im literally filth.
>>
>>253724
Consider changing majors. Do something that actually interests you
>>
>>253727
I will do that.
I am working on it now and will post whatever I finish with.
>>
>>253724
if you're not interesting stop doing it now before you waste more time and money.

quit playing video games, it's literally an addiction and people don't like admitting it. once you're addicted nothing is as stimulating or easy as picking up a game you're familiar with. go back to them slowly once your life is functional.

see a psych about adhd or depression. sounds like u just fucked up but if this is part of a lifelong pattern of seeking easy fixes or literally staring at the wall instead of starting tasks, ANY tasks, you may have one of them. there is a particular neurological process involved in starting a new task, and ppl with depression and adhd are just terrible with it, or it never happens at all. Or, starting a new task has the "doorway" effect of walking into a room and forgetting why you entered, aka changing speeds/tasks and drawing a blank for hours afterwards.

don't count on the adhd thing, it's not that common, but I recognize the self-loathing and indescribable piece-of-shit uselessness. In the meantime you'll need to clench your asshole and do some work and sort all of that out later. Don't consider punishing or yelling at yourself for booting up a game or otherwise procrastinating. Don't consider procrastinating at all. Just zone out and do it. It will get done that way. It doesn't need to be perfect or even ok, it just needs to not be a failure to act for your own self-worth and the respect of your professor.
>>
>>253860

>video games are literally an addiction

Not inherently. Video games are a form of entertainment just like movies or reading or collecting stamps or whatever else, and like anything it's completely fine in moderation. If your life obsesses around video games and your urge to play video games physically prevents you from being productive, THAT is when it's an addiction that needs to be cut out

To suggest that video games are inherently bad is idiotic
>>
>>253693

I know this is a shitpost, but it still made me want to punch you
>>
>>253860
I will look into your advice, I do have issues, no denying that.

for now this is what I got.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JIjOQTUXdsHeSje/giphy.gif
>>
>>253935
oh god its so shit
>>
. . .
• ••
⬤ ⬤ ⬤

JESUS MAN
you are beyond saving
>>
>>253935
Please admit it now because I can't stand it anymore.
This is a bait, right?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 700x400px
>>253935
top meme
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pduCPQS-ZAc

this is a project i made 6 hours before it was due for my bio class
>>
>>253404
Cats...
they get me every time...
>>
>>253949
a true masterpiece, in every way it is perfect
>>
I am very interested if OP continued working on his project. Please bump with a new WIP!
>>
>>253542
Nigga. You can't code frame by frame animation. I don't care what platform its for, hand made frame by frame is currently way more superior and beautiful. All the jquery animation I found on the web looks like shit. Show me glorious coded animation, I want to be convinced honestly senpai
>>
>>254117
I do a lot of hand coded js animation with https://greensock.com/

nothing else comes close to being as useful

don't even get me started on css animation
>>
i made a 3 minute animation video with after effects last year. no frame by frame just keyframes. it took me at least 30 hours and it's still not that good. Just give up on this one op and try next time with some of >>253860
advice
>>
File: K043870.jpg (451KB, 1500x1011px) Image search: [Google]
K043870.jpg
451KB, 1500x1011px
>>253693
I'm just reading this and it's way past the deadline.
OP is a faggot
>first time that line is relevant in /gd/

May this be a reminder to anyone who steps inside this board:
>NYPA
unle$$...

>we are here for ideas
>we are here for insight
>we are here for inspiration
>we are here for teaching one another how to do amazing stuff
>/gd/ is magical
>stop trying to ruin it
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.