[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to remove pixels like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: pixel-removed.png (44KB, 697x579px) Image search: [Google]
pixel-removed.png
44KB, 697x579px
this image has some pixels removed. I wonder if anyone could tell me how to do that?

>I have photoshop and GIMP...
>you can see the background through that image.
>>
File: aANPZBJ.png (4KB, 39x37px) Image search: [Google]
aANPZBJ.png
4KB, 39x37px
>>
File: shiftanddarken.png (794KB, 2011x803px) Image search: [Google]
shiftanddarken.png
794KB, 2011x803px
>>253374

since the squares are all evenly grid spaced, and have enough space inbetween them to fit a new set of squares, you can overlay a second copy of the same image, shift it by 1 square row & 1 square column, and set the blend mode to darken (so the darker color value of the two pictures apply over the white square)

the result is kinda shitty though, not perfect.

alternatively... open in python, use opencv or sumth ez, make some quick code that identifies squares, and sets their color value to be the same as its neighboring pixels. (this is kinda the same thing the color blending hack does as well)
>>
File: ehhhh.png (34KB, 696x576px) Image search: [Google]
ehhhh.png
34KB, 696x576px
The pixels are so bright that there's not much you can do.
I did basically what >>253460 did but added in a median filter.
>>
>>253374
Took me a while to do it in PS CS2, but I figured out how to do it.

>Get the image you want as the foreground and the image you want as the background on the same thing
>Ignore both and make a third layer and fill it with black
>Put a white square in the top left corner
>Make sure the white square is the size of the holes you want in the foreground image for the "removed pixel"
>Select from the top right of the image and down to the bottom left of the square
>Copy as layer
>Move the layer copy down until you have a white square, black space, then another white square in line with the first
>Merge layer down
>Continue this process of selecting and repeat this until you have a full column
>Select column like before and move it right until you have two identical columns
>Merge down, and repeat until you have a full grid of white squares over the image
>Make a copy of the grid layer you just made and put it on the bottom in case you fuck up somehow
>Save that layer if you want to do this again for something else, since it probably represents a few minutes of effort
>Make a copy of the foreground image layer, and put it on top of the grid layer
>Set opacity to 0% for now and ignore it
>Select the grid layer again
>Take magic wand tool and uncheck the "Contiguous" box
>Select all squares
>Select the original foreground image layer while all the squares are still selected
>Press delete
Now you should have a layer that is the foreground image with a bunch of hole in it
>Set the opacity of the grid layer to zero, or just delete it, since you're done with it for now
>Place the foreground layer with holes underneath the currently invisible foreground copy layer
>Place the background layer under that
>Set vacuous foreground layer and background layer so that each have an opacity of 100%
>Make sure that the copy of the original foreground layer, the one without the holes, is still on top and adjust it's opacity until the desired effect is achieved
>>
File: Little Fucking Holes.png (987KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Little Fucking Holes.png
987KB, 1600x1000px
>>253500
This is my method of doing the thing. There are probably many less retarded ways to do it, but this one is mine.

An example to show that I actually did it.
>pic related

The "holes" are probably bigger than they should be, and farther apart than they should be as well, but it's a good proof of concept.

It's a mix of these two links that I chose at random after a google for cool pictures
http://www.intrawallpaper.com/static/images/Cool-blue-wallpapers-hd-wallpapers-inn_C3g1XlP.jpg
http://www.planwallpaper.com/static/images/abstract-colourful-cool-wallpapers-55ec7905a6a4f.jpg
>>
>>253500
>>253503
If someone wants to screencap these so that you have an awnser if anyone asks this question again, feel free. I'm gonna go write shit now.
>>
File: eh.webm (2MB, 612x480px) Image search: [Google]
eh.webm
2MB, 612x480px
>>253505
>>253500
that's retarded
why don't you use patterns?
>>
File: 1453657836849.png (1MB, 1224x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1453657836849.png
1MB, 1224x1014px
there you go OP, the image you were looking for :^)
>>
>>253523
>>
Im down as a clown.
>>
>>253516
>implying I have patterns to use

Might I remind you
>There are probably many less retarded ways to do it, but this one is mine.
>>
>>253526
he's saying you should use the patterns feature, as in, make a pattern and then apply it as such

it's just a white grid of squares with varying levels of either opacity or greyness, probably brushed/filtered in with the white grid layer locked.

google photoshop pattern fill tutorial im sure gimp is similar
>>
>>253374
Dude, PhotoFiltre is a 5mb freeware-program of image edition. No matter what anyone else say, it is very usefull for really basic tasks.

It has a function that does this automatically.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.