[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /gd/, in a trade highschool going for graphic design, ive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mileycyclops.png (242KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mileycyclops.png
242KB, 400x400px
hi /gd/,
in a trade highschool going for graphic design, ive been looking into what you usually get for monthly salaries and im not finding a clear awnser, also planning on getting some sort of college type qualifications for gd also, if anybody has any info that would lead me the right way it would be greatly appreciated
>>
Canadian here :

Average is from around $0 - C$60,000

Why do I say 0? You can attend a GD school and still be shit. Thus, no one will hire you for freelance and no firms will hire you. On the other hand, if you get in a nice cushy firm and over the years aim for seniority. You can usually make around 60k. That's around what my fathers current take home as a GD is.
>>
>>251665
There is no clear answer, it's a tradeskill. The better you are at your trade, the more valuable you are, the more you can make.

>monthly
I bring in about 12k USD monthly working for myself

>college info
College for GD is essentially just training to get a job. However, you don't need college to get that training. I went to a 2 year trade school for design that was apart of my high school, then got a low paying job at a small agency.
>>
>>251665
Clear Answer... GD = 46,000 every day.
>>
I wish we had threads talking about quote prices instead, now that would be super useful.
>>
>>251820

http://thenuschool.com/how-much/#/start
>>
File: Wojak.gif (10KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.gif
10KB, 633x758px
>>251665
mfw GD where I live is unappreciatted as fuck, i was making only 14K€ year before taxes..quit that shit to become a freelancer.. even worse now i have to compete with indians in freelance platforms
>>
>>251828
So I've got this thing in the past that's still bothering me. A small hat business (who gets decent exposure on the media) asked me to do poster and I delivered and worked straight for 24-36 hours. I had no idea how to quote back I asked for $100 and I don't think he wanted to work with me again despite the poster being really good and also too good for what he wanted. What do you guys think? Nevermind if it looks good or really good, just consider it a poster work.
>>
>>251828
Are you personally recommending this? They sound so convincing but I never believe stuff that involves "sign up, pay us and we'll tell you some secrets :^)))"
>>
I understand your frustration, but you're not finding a clean answer because there's not a clean answer to be found. It depends greatly on the size of the company, the level of the position (junior/senior), your experience, your ability to negotiate a salary, and most importantly, the location. A job that pays $40,000 in one location might pay $60,000 in another, just based on cost of living in that location. Check out this pdf:

https://www.roberthalf.com/sites/default/files/Media_Root/images/tcg-pdfs/the_creative_group_2016_salary_guide.pdf

Salary info starts on page 14 of the document, and the section after that shows you how to adjust based on location.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.