[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kickstarter Header

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: main-image-foxsox-kickstarter.png (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
main-image-foxsox-kickstarter.png
132KB, 1024x768px
Please help me save this trainwreck of a Kickstarter header image. Excuse the furries, but it's who I'm marketing to.

I'm trying to display the fact that I'm selling cutesy socks, and I have the following suggestions:

">Shitty serif font

You're trying to appeal to people based on cute socks. Use a cute, friendly font.

>Shit composition

Either have the characters be accents for the name and put them behind or make them the focus and actually show off the socks. They should be showing off the paw pads under the socks.

>Banding in background

Learn how to into dithering, faggot. Again, the background should emphasise the cuteness angle. Muted generic blue doesn't help. Try something like paw pad pattern background with pastel colours.

tldr;

At least try to make it look like you spent more than 30 seconds on it."

Anything to add to that?
>>
If you already have those suggestions, why didn't you implement them? Come back once you're done...
>>
>>251436
I'm looking for anything else they might've missed so that I can make as many corrections as possible all at once. Suggestions for an appropriate font, for example, would be appreciated.
>>
Redraw furries
>>
Not gonna lie, I actually want this.
>>
>>251442
Soon enough. I've been approved for the Kickstarter, and since I can't personally provide the quality of art just yet, I've commissioned an artist I know to fix it up for me. I'll post it later, but otherwise just watch for the name coming up on Kickstarter in the next few days. I plan on advertising to e621 and FurAffinity.
>>
Try putting some paws in the font itself
>>
>>251437
lazy cunt
>>
>>251434
If you want a font that says friendly and approachable, you'd want to go with a sans-serif "hand-drawn" type of look. Something you would associate with familiarity and personal attention to detail. You could put a serif font in your design, but it would detract from its approach and add a dimension of professionalism and aloofness to the design. My advice is to go for an available font that is accessible and easily recognizable. There are many such fonts, but there are a few that would work very well for your project. I would initially recommend the "joker" font, but something more comic would best suit this project, seeing that it is based on drawn figures and such. You would have to find a font that is "comic" so to speak, and is sans serif. I am sure there is one "standard" font like the sans serif comic one I described above, but the name escapes me. Anyways, best of luck!
>>
>>251434

i do not recommend such things. just painted paws are ok. but do no such things like rubber prints into them. bad for development of feets.
>>
>>251442
Don't worry, me too.
>>
>Redraw those furries.

Srsly, no one will even look at your page with that shitty mspaint art
>>
File: sox.png (13KB, 618x405px) Image search: [Google]
sox.png
13KB, 618x405px
honestly, it's really bad. and I feel bad saying that because you seem nice and also too concerned about the opinions of assholes on 4chan, and the socks look cute. but the image quality is terrible, the paws are all pixelly and blurry, the background has crazy dithering probably because you saved it as a gif or a very low quality jpg.

look at graphics and marketing for similar products, or completely different products reaching a similar audience. who is your ideal customer? a furry? do you want to sell to anyone besides furries? furries are a weird demigraphic because they have a lot of money to spend on fur stuff, but marketing to them tends to alienate EVERYONE ELSE. aka those cute cartoon characters will look relatable to a furry, but a poor disney-animal attempt to anyone else, which makes your product and company look cheap and inexperienced.

Some quick fixes:

-solid colour bg
-friendly sans-serif (apercu, helvetica, circular, lowercase futura) or chunky serif (grouch, salome)
-no pixelly biz on those socks
-no drop shadow on the text

think about the ads and products you find cute, cozy, furry if that's what ur going for, that speak to you and people who would buy these socks. are they lounge at home socks? maybe you wanna evoke hot tea and blankets and a magazine? or more of a combat boots and short-shorts and knee-high socks thing? should give you some direction in terms of font and colour etc

btw I think your market could go beyond furries, girls especially like cute loungey shit like that. i'd go in for knee or thigh high socks with rubber paw pads so you don't slip when walking on tile/wood floors at home, that's cute as hell. but basically every aspect of the graphic right now doesn't sell it to me as a person, as an idea, as a company to make the idea happen, etc. but i'm also not a furry which probably has an entirely different appeal to wearing paw socks, such as also appealing to males
>>
>>251434
If your aiming to display "cutesy socks" then how about saying fuck that hole logo picture together & displaying the real thing instead? Focus on the real thing and leave the company name to the side. Ijs
>>
>>251440
THIS.
>>
>>251434
Thanks for the idea faggot ;)
>>
File: foxy sox.jpg (56KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
foxy sox.jpg
56KB, 600x453px
>>252593
This.
> girls especially like cute loungey shit like that. i'd go in for knee or thigh high socks with rubber paw pads so you don't slip when walking on tile/wood floor
am gril, can confirm. cute idea OP, I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>251442
What the fuck, me too. Not even furry.
>>
I'd buy these in a heartbeat if they didn't have the paw print things in the bottom.

Don't wanna look autistic with my furry socks, you know
>>
>>255269
...isn't that just normal socks then?
>>
>>255469
If you can find similar designed socks I'd buy them
>>
I would say for your header image try to keep it a little more simple.

>>252593
Is a great example. If you wanted to include animals you could maybe use them as an accent but I would try to keep them cute and simple as well, less anthropomorphized. Then use your mock ups or better yet actual prototype images throughout the kickstarter page.

But try thinking of your header as an actual logo. If you were going to attach a little tag to the socks with the brand name on them what would that look like? You probably want to keep it simple, cozy, and fun. Light colors, soft shapes, and simple design are likely all good ideas here.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.