[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I am a new web designer and I want to ask what grid system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: gridsystem.jpg (731KB, 1920x897px) Image search: [Google]
gridsystem.jpg
731KB, 1920x897px
Hello. I am a new web designer and I want to ask what grid system should I use.
The client I have, "just wants a website".
Should I use 960.gs, 1200, or bootstrap grid system?
>>
>>249063
I'll tell you for 15% of the final earnings
>>
>>249063

Bootstrap is by far the most simple and straightforward. If you're just starting out, go ahead and use Bootstrap.

If he ever plans to update this thing on his own, he's going to need a custom wordpress theme built. Being new and asking this question, you do not have the expertise for that.

Honestly, the fact that you have a client at all and are asking this question leads me to believe that he's paying you less than $20. If he can spare more, just give this lead to literally anyone else on /gd/ so we can afford to eat this week and then your client will have a real website.
>>
>>249088

He pays me 900 euro and I design it from scratch, no templates no anything else.
>>
>>249091

I sincerely don't believe that you're getting paid 900 euros to create "just a website" when you have to ask /gd/ the difference between 960 and Bootstrap. If so, good luck and I hope you have a contract so you can take him to court when he realizes he's been scammed.
>>
>>249091
please no OP
>>
>>249114
>>249094
That wasn't me. I'm the real OP, and I'm getting paid a thousand bucks.
>>
File: TYEHPa5.gif (114KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
TYEHPa5.gif
114KB, 266x199px
>>249063
bootstrap was a nightmare to customize for me, I tried everything from semantic to foundation and nothing felt right

all I needed was:
- sensible responsive grid system
- compatible with rem on desktop and mobile
- customizable with SASS

bootstrap 3 doesn't work with rems on mobile
bootstrap 4 is still WIP and the community is small

so I found uikit:
great tutorials
active community
works perfectly
worked near out of the box (had to do some silliness to get SASS) but after I got it set up it worked 100%
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.