[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

halp pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1401036103506s.jpg (3KB, 125x90px) Image search: [Google]
1401036103506s.jpg
3KB, 125x90px
Ok /gd/ I have never EVER been on this board before, but I really need your advice. Pls hear me out!
Today I talked to a family friend who owns a big company in my country. They make fabric textures, flooring, interior design, and decorations for special occasions, those kinds of things. Because he recently lost a lot of employees from a recent recession, he is offering me a job in whatever I can make myself useful in. But that's not the only reason. Thing is, for some reason my parents told him, that I'm good at drawing and graphical stuff. I mean yeah, I can draw... a little... but he thinks that I can come up with some real fancy shit. But I don't know squat about interior design! I am literally pic related.
What am I supposed to do? The pay is kind of sweet, the workplace is right next to where I live. Can some of you /gd/ people give some advice? I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>247323
bump
>>
>>247323
You either bullshit your way through it and put ALLOT of work into home-studying graphic design, typography, color theory and all that fun stuff just to come up with something passable.

Or you take the asshole route and pull every design you need from mock-ups, templates, pinterest and Behance and pray to sweet lordie Jesus that it doesnt come to bite you in the ass in time.

Or you take the short route and tell the guy your parents were wrong and that you know jack shit about /gd/, but that you can still help in packaging/shelving.
>>
OP here
I'm gonna try and learn as much as I can, and if I can't manage I guess I can be contempt with shelving/packaging. I'm gonna start searching for some literature and vids for home-study. But if you want to give me some heads up on specific names and titles, I'd appreciate it very much. Thx /gd/.
>>
>>247399
Lynda.com is pretty cool for software help. I would also recommend trying to replicate the designs of album covers from the 50s and 60s, and then making your own based off of what you learned.
>>
>>247323
I know that feel a bit.
>Majored in comp game design, had to move to a place where there is basically no part of the industry because reasons. Got into doing graphic design for startups, only know photoshop beacuse that is what game devs need/use for texturing, find a job opening working for tshirt/Screenprinting place, apply, check requirements again, need Illustrator.
>shit
Torrented that and learned it super quick, mastered it along the way during the job.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.