[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web design prices, freelance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: webexample10.jpg (561KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
webexample10.jpg
561KB, 800x723px
How much should I charge for a similar web design work? It's not my work, mine would be a bit less polished and would probably take twice as long, so factor that in please. Still this quality is something I'm after / similar to what I should be able to do.
Freelance. UK. Looking for clients in US, possibly Canada and UK.
>>
Let's say for homepage and one inner page of this sort.
>>
>>245788
If you are new, consider a $50 flat rate plus $10 per hour. When you get better/faster you can charge 2 or 3 times more.

To help, you should make a bunch of template websites that you can build off of or reference.
>>
>>245795

how do you charge a client per hour?

what prevents someone saying they worked 10 hours when in reality it was more like 5?
>>
>>245798
>what prevents someone saying they worked 10 hours when in reality it was more like 5?
Nothing. Which is why I'm not asking for a price per hour.
>>
>>245795
>If you are new, consider a $50 flat rate plus $10 per hour.
Are you serious? For homepage and inner page of this quality 50$?
>>
>>245795
>If you are new
New people can't do designs of similar quality to my example.
>>
File: webexample6.jpg (1MB, 800x1612px) Image search: [Google]
webexample6.jpg
1MB, 800x1612px
How about this quality?
>>
>>245788
This is shit senpai
>>
>>245788
I'm a freelance front end web developer

What you need is a day-rate

I would start at something like £100 a day. Guess how many days it's roughly going to take you, and quote them that.

As you get better and faster, you raise your day rate.
>>
>>245788
>is something I'm after
but this structure, aesthetic, and everything about this design in general is sooo 2008, m8.
>>
if you don't know what to charge, you have no experience.

get a job at an agency or a "shop" of some sort before trying to do your own freelance.

if you can't, and still want to charge, think of how many hours / days / weeks a project will take and charge accordingly.

I charge $100/hr. which means $4000/wk. if I legit spend a week dedicated to one project. that's typically enough time to design build and launch a medium-scale small biz site.

example: this microsite took me 4 hrs total. www.fritzrepair.com
>>
>>245835
This is so 2008. You really can't do this nowadays.
>>
>>246220
It's in someone's portfolio, m8. And something tells me that this someone is very good at what he does. What you don't know is that responsive design was big in other countries way before it became as big in US, Canada and UK. So I could say that what's trending now in those countries is old.
>>
>>246351
Ok, thanks. To me $4000/wk is a lot.
>>
>>246658
It is a lot, but as he mentioned that time frame would be for a medium sized company branding/website; which as actually a good price. But as mentioned, a basic one-page site can be design in a few hours using templates.
>>
>>246679
Why not minutes then?
>>
Hello,

I have a 5-page site, it's out of date.
I think I will need to design 7 pages, maybe 6.

I want to design it from scratch with the Porto html5 theme to be very slick and beautiful.

You can copy and paste all the content on my current site.

But I really want it to be amazing, how much do you think it will cost?

I like the Fritz repair site. But mine is going to have more content.

My throwaway account is [email protected]
>>
>>245788
>>245789
For something like that I give them an estimate of $600 to $800.
Because you will have to show them how the site looks, works, and any other changes the client will want. Ask for 30% or 50% of the fee up front (Non refundable). This should take no more than one week to get it up and presented to the client. Then the 2nd week make revisions and changes and show completed site to client.

Also keep in mind if you have to get hosting and domain name for client, those costs need to be taken into account as well.

>>246971
That would depend how much detail you need to put into the web pages.
Mostly all sites use the same modern minimalist design.
You shouldn't pay no more than the following:
$500 for 5 pages
$600 for 6 pages
$700 for 7 pages

Pretty much once the first page is done its just changed to fit the content of the other sections.
It would be just customizing the theme if they use one.
It's not too hard to do, look into it and save yourself the cash.
>>
>>245795

hahahaha oh shit nigga I charge $500 for first page and $100 for every extra page for a static site, $75 p/h for updates
>>
>>247061
>>247096
>charging per page
never going to make it
>>
>>247108

For a static site yes, for custom applications I charge at $75 per hour minimum 50 hours and generally closer to 125.

The only reason I even pick up static sites is so I can charge $125 yearly for hosting and """"""maintenance""""""
>>
>>245795
how new you talkin? if you can develop a functional website you shouldn't be charging less than minimum wage wtf, new or not

the only time that hourly sounds acceptable is if you're interning and actually do not know how to several things and need to be taught
>>
>>246658
it's kind of not. it depends. first of all, web development is a well-paying and in-demand job if you can do it well. also, $4000 isn't take-home pay I'm guessing, a freelancer also has to buy and maintain their own equipment, pay taxes, save money for in between jobs, and pay themselves for work clients don't pay for like client/lead hunting and checking emails etc. $4000 is a 40 hour work week but a freelancer rarely works 40 billable hours a week on a regular basis

they also have to pay for their own health insurance and in Canada, things your employer contributes half of like employment insurance and pension plan contributions etc. A lot gets scraped off the top
>>
>>245800
Well its pretty awful quality
>>
>>246683
Because templates rarely fit the bill for what you want and if you respect yourself in the slightest you wouldnt just copy & paste some half-assed content into a template with no real information hierarchy, leave the default, generic as fuck styling and move on.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.