[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totally green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot 2015-11-22 19.34.38.png (267KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-22 19.34.38.png
267KB, 1366x768px
Hey /gd/

I would like some feedback on a project, but I must I'm a web developer not a graphic designer. Or at least I'm trying to become one. I landed an internship with a small company but I'm not working with someone more advanced, I'm building a small site completely and putting my name on it when done. I want to make the best of it but really don't have design experience.

I don't want to do a massive overhaul, and I'm not quite in the final stage but you can see where I'm going with this. "Logo" will actually be replaced with an image that has yet to be produced. Be brutal if you must. Thanks
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-22 19.34.43.png (155KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-22 19.34.43.png
155KB, 1366x768px
and heres the footer.

Like I said design isn't my thing but I want to make the best of it.
>>
Is this bait? The easiest way to make a proper design when you're not a designer is not to overdo it. Use simple colour schemes, be generous with whitespace. Black on white is probably best.
>>
>>244286
Nope, not bait. Just unskilled/inexperienced. So your recommendation would be to pare back the outside containers and let the header, footer, and main content container be by itself? Black and white isn't too boring?
>>
>>244289
You don't use pure white and black. Think (250,250,250) and (10,10,10). And by god, watch a youtube video or something on web design cause got damn, my 10 year old sister could do a better job.
>>
>>244290
Ok well she probably could. I have the skills to build near anything if I'm just told what someone wants. Would you have any recommendations or am i so wretched that any of them will do
>>
>>244294
That last half yeah.

And since you know CSS/JS, you can eat through the code to learn. Take some of the things are like from these sites and use them in your own as practice. You can see what works together and what doesn't. http://www.awwwards.com/websites/clean/
http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/steps-perfect-website-layout-812625
http://designshack.net/articles/layouts/10-rock-solid-website-layout-examples/
>>
>>244286

What do you think of this?

Http://ethics.ohio.gov
>>
> Making shit that looks 100x better than this
> Not an internship in the world that thinks I'm advanced enough
> Know HTML, CSS (SASS), JS / JQuery, Bootstrap, Ajax, unit testing with Mocha + Chai, and a bit of Ruby on the side
> Not enough they say
> Go learn PHP they say
> Wordpress is hot right now they say
> We only want interns that can make Wordpress themes they say

jesus fuck OP please tell me that your internship isn't paid or I'll just kill myself now
>>
>>244304

Seconded. What the fuck is Microsoft GP?
>>
>>244271
>>244272
Split your type into thinner columns. Lines longer than, say, 14 words become taxing to read.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.