[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any geometric process?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: geometry-01.png (35KB, 541x541px) Image search: [Google]
geometry-01.png
35KB, 541x541px
Whats the geometric process to achieve a perfect tangent from the purple circle with the blue and green circle and the grey guide ?
>>
Setting your arrow key movement to 1 pixel per click.
>>
File: geometry-01.png (35KB, 541x541px) Image search: [Google]
geometry-01.png
35KB, 541x541px
i added points for better understanding ,im trying to do a logo and i want it to be perfect.
>>
we can't really tell you that unless you also tell us the radius of the yellow, blue and purple circle
>>
>>244125
see if
http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/8977/calculating-a-tangent-arc-between-two-points-on-two-circles
helps
>>
up
>>
File: orca_praia_06.png (16KB, 267x267px) Image search: [Google]
orca_praia_06.png
16KB, 267x267px
OP here , alright fuck it. i was asking you this because of the logo i was working on.
>>
File: orca_praia_02.png (67KB, 1282x378px) Image search: [Google]
orca_praia_02.png
67KB, 1282x378px
This is a personal project i did two years ago.

a) is their original (actual) logo

b) is the logo i did two years ago

c) is a balance between the logo i did yesterday and the old one.

d) is the logo i did yesterday.

I know my 2013 logo is more organic but i wanted to give it a more modern and geometric feel. Im pretty happy the d) logo.

What do you guys think? What would you change?
>>
>>244333
What's the new logo supposed to represent?
>>
>>244338
An Orca..

So you cant seen an orca on the last one ? but you can in b) and c) ?
>>
>>244340
I have to force myself to see an orca OP. The middle white line shooting out of the 'mouth' makes no sence.

Also, Orcas are kind of bad juju right now.
>>
>>244125
B is the best hands down.

D just looks like an incomplete version of B
>>
>>244125
why isn't the company using your logo? they dont like it?

https://www.orcapraia.com/en/
>>
>>244353
>>244359

Ah thank you for your feedback ,i guess i'll just stay with the old version. Its more organic which is good since im trying to show an animal and it will work better in smaller sizes.

>>244380
Ah actually i never tried to sell them the logo, sometimes i'm a bit too much beta to do business, but i'll try my luck.
>>
>>244333
i keep seeing an orca with a mustache when i look at b or c
>>
>>244333
I want to say add a dorsal fin to ad a little more of a cognitive connection to an orca, but that would break the circle.

Also, the more I stare at the center of the middle two, the more it looks like you melded two harsh curves together. I would say stick with your first one, but pick a similar font with wider apertures for the A character.
>>
>>244333
Really nice project!
I think you have a great idea, and the execution is good.

Only problem i have is that the eye naturally tries to make something out of the negative space.
Took me about 2-3 seconds to realise it was an orca.

Out of the three i think b is the clearest one, since the fin stands out more than in c & d.

In example D, the details are to suttle, which draws focus to the negative space.

But thats just my opinion :)
Otherwise, great work!
>>
>>244383
Did they not commission it?
>>
>>244125
Probably it isn't the most optimal way but here it is:
First create an auxiliar circle that is exactly inbetween the green and the blue one but is also tangent with the rest (red green blue) on the top. We will tell him orange. To get orange's diameter you need
Od=(Gd +Bd)/2
Now you need to know where to place the center of Orange. Divide orange's diameter by two, getting the radius.
Starting from the point at the top and going through the grey guide, mark the point that distances Or from it. Now draw the Orange circle.

Now you know that all circles that are tangent to Green and Blue have their center on Orange.

For the exact center of Purple, well I recommend you to eyeball it. Just try to create circles and make them tangent until you find the one, it shouldn't take more than a minute. The problem is that, since the distance between G and B isn't linear, the tangent point on the grey line has a complicated equation that it's hard to put into geometric drawing.
>>
>>244333
it's more like whale and d) is dolphin with kind of a sharp harpoon end.
>>
how to make in illustrator??????? thnx
>>
>>244333
I don't really see an orca -- I think some minor adjustments would be needed. I'd also recommend changing the typeface, it isn't very nice; a big problem is the A is far too narrow ('HOTEL' looks nice though!)
>>
File: FOR-ANON.jpg (54KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FOR-ANON.jpg
54KB, 1280x1280px
What you think OP? Just a layman here
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.