[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

illustrator align tool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: illu.png (62KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
illu.png
62KB, 400x340px
he /gd/

so ive mostly been lurking around here for some time now
but im getting really frustrated with my illustrator. The reason being my fcking Align tool doesnt work. if i selected objects or text or whatever (everything) and then click on one of
the align buttons nothing changes ive also googled the shit out of it but the only problem people seem to have is that it wont align
in the center. But for me it doesnt align at all.
please could somebody help me, i really want it to work ive even reinstalled it but still nothing happens. thank you

tl:dr Illustrator align tool doesnt work give advice please
>>
File: 1446939102317.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446939102317.gif
2MB, 320x240px
same here, fucking hate illustator sometimes..
>>
I'd assume you already did this, but did you try changing it to Aline to Artboard instead of align to selection or align to key object?
>>
There are three align methods:
• Align to selection (which you have probably selected)
• Align to artboard (exactly what it says on the tin)
• Align to Key Object (with multiple objects selected, click an already selected object again, [not holding shift] and it will get a thicker selection outline, and the object will align to it)
>>
>>243795
Although, now that I look at your OP image, you might be using an older version of Illustrator.

I can't remember if CS6 has Artboards.
>>
>>243796
It does, CS5.5 has artboards
>>
>>243795
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>243771
Not OP but side note;

whenever you're aligning while in Isolation mode it has the tendency to not recognize groups and will align individual objects, messing shit up.
>>
>>243771
CorelDraw - and all your problems are gone.
>>
>>243795
Yeah, this.
>>
>>244636
What advantages does Corel have over Illustrator+Photoshop?
>>
>>244735
..The Mighty Corel offers Todays Designers increased street cred, for one.
>>
>>244735
Absolutely nothing. I spent 10 years at a company that used Corel. It was a nightmare when sending/receiving files with other designers. I started there on version 9. I eventually took over the graphics department and shortly after they did the x7 update I switched us over to Adobe projects and it was a HUGE improvement in productivity. Then I left.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.