[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my first real thing I've made. I'm trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: Untitled-1.jpg (1MB, 1728x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1MB, 1728x2592px
This is my first real thing I've made. I'm trying to make a poster for the TV Show House and i'm planning on printing it out and hanging it up and shit on some nice ass glossy paper. Can anyone give me any improvements I can make to this? I don't think it's worth the $20 to print yet.
>>
that vector stuff its too much work for an average result, but yours looks good, make something with those eyes
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (6MB, 1728x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
6MB, 1728x2592px
>>240879
I'll see if I can make the eyes look any better. Just came up with this.
>>
>>240877
Get rid of the black outline around the irises. I don't like the addition of the text; it looks better with a cleaner design. Also, maybe clean up around his mouth. He looks a bit like he just ate a lemon.

Otherwise, good job. Would frame.
>>
>>240886
It's a lot better with the text, pretty cool
>>
>>240877
>>240886
Remove the shadow from the text. Remove the gradients too.
>>
That's some nasty shadow below his nose. Looks like a giant moustache.
>>
>>240877
Study the values of color. Your colors are nasty.
Practice more about what and what not to add on your vector
>>
the dropshadows look shit
colors and gradients are bad
this white color kills the eyes
the text is aligned terribly
there are quite alot nasty mistakes at this outdated generic polygon face not to mention the artifacts everywhere.
0/10 would not frame ( the show sucks too btw)
3/10 for first try
learn about composition, colors, trends and basics in general
>>
Use the actual house show logo
>>
>>240890
I'm just gonna restart the whole vector, there are a lot of things about the vector that I see now that aren't really looking that good, the eyes included. I kinda like the text though, but I'll post my new design later when it's done with/without text.

>>240894
Which gradient? Should I remove all of them?

>>240904
It is a giant mustache, haha. It was either give him a giant mustache or have him clean shaven, I didn't like the idea of the latter.

>>240905
Anything specific I should focus on the vector?

>>240909
Thanks for the critique, this is my first thing so I do have a lot to learn.

>>240938
What do you mean? You mean the all black logo? The logo I'm using is the actual logo but with an overlay.
>>
remove glows and drop shadows
>>
>>240877
If you want the text there, make it justified. I don't like how the face is framented like that, but nothing else is. If you made everything with that fragmented like that it would be pretty cool imo.
>>
>>240886
Does anyone know a way I can make the text a straight up square instead of it looking like a document like in this one? I want it to look more uniform. I'm using Photoshop.
>>
>>241027
>>
>>240877

quick bad photoshop edit, but you get the idea.
Break up the mustache too. Fragment it like the rest of the piece.
>>
File: house_md_logo.jpg (36KB, 621x175px) Image search: [Google]
house_md_logo.jpg
36KB, 621x175px
>>240877
your kerning is bad too. Ho Use is not the name of the show. Just live trace this thing, or sit it behind your own to fix. No more blur either, the art is crisp, so the logo should be too.

If you have to use the tl;dr paragraph behind him, lighten it. Maybe 50%
>>
File: Dex - noText.png (2MB, 1296x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Dex - noText.png
2MB, 1296x1728px
>>241273
>>241013
So that's why this anon meant when he said to justify the text, thanks for the clarification! I'm still in the learning process.

>>241275
I'm currently working on redoing the whole vector, eyes really started to bug me.

>>241276
Looking back at it now, the logo looks really weird. Thanks for posting this one.

While I was waiting for critique and making a new House vector, I made one for the show Dexter. The size is a bit smaller but it's more poster size than the other one. Critique on this is welcome as well.
>>
File: Dex - Text.png (2MB, 1296x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Dex - Text.png
2MB, 1296x1728px
>>241310
>>
>>241310
>>241311
Please stop and fix the house one first. Your art style is all over the place. Stick to a few rules.
>>
File: House - Three Styles.png (6MB, 5184x2736px) Image search: [Google]
House - Three Styles.png
6MB, 5184x2736px
>>241359
You're right, I got ahead of myself.

I redid House and tried out a few different things. I redid the vector all together to try and make it look a bit better. Which one should I actually use/build off of?
>>
>>241470
One on the left is best. The gradients on the other two look bad.
>>
Just stop OP.

Your tessellation is terrible, and you aren't even trying to apply any basics of design.
>>
>>241470
Why are there triangles in his hair if his hair has a rounder shape?
>>
>>241499
I just realized the whole face has round borders with some triangle effect in it. OP, you're just faking the effect, which doesn't help it. When I said to stick to a few rules, I meant that if you make his face out of triangles, it has to be made of triangles. If the triangles are going to be flat shaded, the rest of the poster should be flat as well. Your image may look impressive because it has a million triangles, it's not cohesive, and as a whole, your composition needs work.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.