[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister is following a product-design course, and made the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

My sister is following a product-design course, and made the top logo for a fake company she's starting as an assignment. She asked me to improve it (below).

It's for higher-end kitchen equipment like mixers and boiling-water faucets. Thoughts?
>>
>>236789
Don't ask about the company name and pay-off by the way, I've got no idea what she's on about with that
>>
>>236789
Looks pretty good, though I wouldn't put the word highlight 'behind' the word shadow. Conceptually it looks awkward. Maybe add a simple non-text logo in there as well.
>>
>>236789

I second >>236793

If you could somehow do both -- perhaps a very simple logo that incorporates the H in Highlight, you'd kill two birds with one stone
>>
The logo should relate to what the product being sold in some way. They should feel connected. People should know by reading the label its for high end kitchen equiment or related to the company in some way (high end kitchen equiment manufactured by hand in italy). I do not like either.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
24KB, 500x500px
>>236789
>First concept
Interesting. Is made with the meaning of its words. Problem is that it works only on a black background. Paper, webpages and kitchen equipment are usually white. She is short sighted about real world use.

>Second concept
Too edgy, atrocious kerning, inaccurate fonts, 3 fonts, the A is ™->Samsung, 50% grey letters WTF, "magnifying details" WTF is this product this doesn't give a single hint about it being for the kitchen?!?
>>
>>237196
It's one single font, and what exactly makes the font 'inaccurate'?

Any tips on improving the kerning? Because I see very little wrong with it
>>
>>236789
The top one is hideous.
The bottom one is average for a student. Nothing special. I certainly wouldnt recomend for any business thats serious about their product.

Tips to improve: the A looks horrid. Like another anon pointed out the H should be visible.

The lower text shouldnt be all capitals.
>>
>>237196
>the A is ™->Samsung
I really hope you're not that stupid.
>>
File: ISHYGDDTfuckingdetails.png (30KB, 830x200px) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDTfuckingdetails.png
30KB, 830x200px
>>237208
You should focus on one font instead of racemixing its variation.
Since it's a big part of the logo (duh), a serif-ed font would have more "personality".
>I see very little wrong with the kerning
W H A T ? + that fucking hidden H.

And who would use a cumbersome name like that for a society?
>>
>>237219
I tend to like overly spaced characters in logo's, but I do see your point. Thanks for that! Also the hidden H is just to make it something else than just words in a nice font. It's only there to give it an extra spark.

And again: Dont ask me about the name, I have no idea what her thought process was with that.

>>237196
Also I think this looks very shitty. The bold S, the forced small kerning on the 'efina' and the pay-of looking unbalanced and off-centre. Not a fan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.