[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I need to buy a laptop for graphic design so I can take it to school. What laptop should I buy? Pc or mac?
>>
>>236566
How is this even a question
>>
>>236567
mac?
>>
buy a mac!
>>
this isn't /g/, get a Mac tbh

they look great on client meetings too
>>
>>236572
Is it worth the money?
>>
>>236574
It's too overpriced for their performance, but macs are a great workhorse and extremely reliable. You should get a MacBook Pro or anything the like.
>>
>>236579
wouldnt an ultrabook do the job?
>>
>>236581
Ultrabooks are shit
>>
I hate macs but for /gd/ if you can afford it you should get one. Macs are sort of an industry standard unfortunately. They are good computers besides being overpriced and unrepairable
>>
>>236584
Would a macbook air or the new mackbook do the job?
>>
It doesn't really matter, mac, pc, ultrabook, netbook, you can (and I have) get your work done on any of them. PC gives you more options than mac when it comes to software and can have fewer driver issues (e.g. wacom et al).

Just make sure the display and keyboard are comfortable, that's really the most important thing, IMO.
>>
>>236587
I'm still working on a six year old MacBook Pro so any current MacBook would be better than that. That said, a MacBook Pro will perform better for a lot longer if you can afford it.
>>
>>236587
i got a macbook pro for my first year of college (this year) and ive been liking it so far. the adobe suite is supposed to work well with the new os update too. i really wouldn't recommend the new macbook, and im not sure about the air, but the most important thing is to actually go to a store and play with them for a bit
>>
And any choice for poor fag? Can 17,3" with good screen resolution and intel Hd graphic do the basic job for learning with photoshop/ilustrator? Asking on /g/ was cancer full of thinkpads
>>
>>236779
Thinkpads certainly do the job though.
>>
>>236779
a modern intel HD graphics card (ivy bridge or later) is adequate.

I don't think you can even get macbooks with anything other than intel IGPs (but not entirely sure on that)
>>
mac book pro: bought one, got issues with display, lucky me it was known and they repaired it. keyboard start behave weird, figured external keyboard worked, battery dead, can only use with cable. display again... that happens all right after service.

shit i never buy mac again.
>>
>>236801
You can get a amd gpu which is the most expensive MBP you can get right now. Too overprice for the spec. But for doing design, you wouldnt want to spend too much time fiddle with the system. So get a mac.
>message from a thinkpad user
>>
I bought an ASUS q551ln-bsi708
Mainly for the ability to have decent ram and decent graphics for design. it's pretty good as i'm testing it, running smoothly without any hiccups. Not sure if you've already made a decision, but i feel okay with mine.
>>
>>236964

can literally google that and find the first link- a best buy ad, (not that it's the best place to find it.)
>>
Is it as easy to get pirate versions of adobe programs for mac as it is for windows?
>>
I spent a bit of money on my Laptop.
£900 or $1400

Specs: i7 4720HQ (2.6 ghz with a 3.6 turbo 6m chache)
One of the best processors you can get apparently.

16GB Ram.

3GB Dedicated graphics card (radeon)

Now onto performance. I use photoshop and a 3d video editor. It freezes for a while. Not as smooth as I expected. I wish I got a desktop instead. But I made my choice and Im stuck with it..It still performs well enough for me. I make some HD images with photoshop...and it runs the 3d video editor pretty good...

Problem with laptops is the fact that they dont have much airflow limits their processing power more than anything else. If you could open up your laptop somehow and add more fans to it you can overclock that baby to make it much more powerful. Actually Im pllanning on doing so.
>>
File: why.jpg (51KB, 540x584px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
51KB, 540x584px
>mac
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.