[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one time I used the eraser tool to get rid of some edges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: bf3.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bf3.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>I make logos in Photoshop sometimes
>I hired someone else to make my business card design

who else /mischief/ here?
>>
>>235833
>tfw don't know how to make simple lines that look like hand drawn drafted ones so I'm about to scan in my sketch and erase the paper background

not so much mischief as self-taught
>>
File: mischief.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mischief.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>235834
that's actually the proper way to do it.

>>235833
-don't see what's wrong with using the eraser tool, that's what the other end of the wacom pen is for.
+photoshop logos

>I always try using vector magic instead of tracing over the image I want to vectorize. Usually keep the vecor magic traces and correct them in Illustrator afterwards.
>I have illegally downloaded after effects templates, pimped em and sold them as my own work.
>content-aware fill 4 life
>cracked adobe suit and 784638 plug-ins
>>
>>235840
>that's actually the proper way to do it.

Are you sure? I feel like a fucking idiot for doing it.
>>
File: mischief.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mischief.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>235834
now that I think about it, don't even waste time erasing the paper, just change the transfer mode to multiply
>>
File: scan0020.jpg (275KB, 1700x2340px) Image search: [Google]
scan0020.jpg
275KB, 1700x2340px
>>235841
That's what I did before getting a wacom at least
>>
>>235844
modern, i like it.
>>
>>235844
Oh this is great, I like the use of parallel lines to sort of subconsciously imply something like a tree trunk, but it has no roots, no base, and it is growing no branches or leaves, so no productivity, so it's this false growth that achieves nothing. It's a great metaphor for your artistic career.
>>
File: scan0010.jpg (350KB, 2340x1700px) Image search: [Google]
scan0010.jpg
350KB, 2340x1700px
>>235853
I'm flattered anon
have some textures as well for being such a good boy
>>
>my project files are either all in one big folder or in sub-folders with obscure names like "08.28.15"

>>235833
I use the eraser all the time. My files are all fuckin' amateur hour over here.
Making logos in Photoshop is ok sometimes. I did just that for a current client because texture suited the main usage case, and the 1-color vectorized version looks fine for other cases as needed.
>I hired someone else to make my business card design
Ok now my jimmies are a little rustled.
>>
>>235842
I just spent 5 minutes on google and still have no idea what the fuck this does or how to do it.
>>
File: this_is_basic_stuff_anon.png (714KB, 1920x3543px) Image search: [Google]
this_is_basic_stuff_anon.png
714KB, 1920x3543px
>>235872
basic stuff.
spent 5 minutes?
poor you!
took a good 10 minutes to ensamble this.

learn it.
get out of our board.
study the programs and get into them,
see ya then

>sorry for being a douchebag, but it's true
>>
>>235882
missed one step before the last one.
>ctrl+shift+i
>otherewise you will erase all your painting inside the lines.

... once again, that's a pussy thing to do
>>
>>235882
>>235883
Thanks so much man. This'll help a lot. And yeah sorry about the shitty PS skills, I taught myself a few years back so I only know the basics. I'm taking a class now but it's been starting real slow.
>>
>>235887
it's ok man
just dont be a bitch and say
>I just spent 5 minutes on google
because our answer takes longer than that.
this is why /gd/ is the slowest board in all 4chan
>>
>>235890
>this is why /gd/ is the slowest board in all 4cha

no shit right. they get them titties up in no time flat over at /b/, but here i swear it's the same fucking catalog everytime i check. but then, priorities.
>>
>>235840
>-don't see what's wrong with using the eraser tool, that's what the other end of the wacom pen is for.

Using a layer mask to erase is always better, it's non-destructive. I've never used the erase end of my Wacom, I'm so used to using layers for everything, especially compositing.
>>
>>236359
nigga you can't complain that a board is slower than /b/.
>>
>>236374
makes sense.
i don't flip the pen either, just press E
>>
>>235840
>>235841
>>235842

I used to just make a new layer using the pen-tool. Super time consuming, but I liked never having to worry about the paper or whatever else.

My mildly successful artsy friend does:

set to multiply, and then color on another layer below it.

he says it:

It will preserve your lineart and keep the colors separate. When you save as a .jpg it will flatten all the layers.
>>
I never bring to front, I always cut and paste to front.
I sometimes fake transparency in PS with Multiply which makes the code guy mad
>>
tfw i never use Ai for any corporate identity projects
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.