[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really sure where to post this but basically I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: webdev.png (18KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
webdev.png
18KB, 650x650px
Not really sure where to post this but basically I've been asked by a friend of a friend to design a website for their business because I've done a little bit of web designing for fun. However, I'm not sure what i should charge them. I'm really not a pro but I can make a nice looking web site in less than a weeks time. Does anyone have any experience with this? How much should I charge and for what?
>>
>friend of a friend
nothing
if you don't have a contract you're not gonna get paid
and if you bring up a contract they're probably gonna flake because they wanted to scam you

but if they don't, know that the hourly rate for a good web designer is like 50-70 bucks, or you can ask for very specific requirements of what they want on the site and charge a single big fee on that
>>
Honestly, if it's something you do in your spare time, as in you have a main stable job, just charge $500 for the whole thing and call it done. Be sure to get specifications and whatever from them first and get the payment in writing
>>
>>62489930
They run an engineering firm so I'm sure a contract wont scare them
>>62489989
Its really just an info page with a gallery and yeah I'd rather charge a lump sum
>>
>>62490050
Okay then, yeah. Just charge $500 upon completion of what they specify. Eg: just a gallery with some information. You do that and show that the site does that. They pay you $500 regardless of how long it took, and if they want extra you negotiate another $500 or whatever value seems reasonable
>>
>>62490074
I'll have about 10 pages in total (contact us, about, etc...) so I'm thinking maybe i should charge $800 plus monthly cost for maintenance.
>>
>>62490127
Yeah, that works.
>>
I personally would never charge less then 1500 for the development of a full website. I'm guessing that you are also in charge of most of the IT stuff, meaning managing a Wordpress or comparable type of backend, figuring out address forwarding, dealing with the server provider, etc. None of which is difficult of course, but is work you have to remember you're doing on top of the actual design. Also keep in mind that you're probably going to be the one your friend turns to post website launch for support. If the site gets hacked there's a chance you'll have to be involved for that as well. Just keep in mind that website development can definitely be subject to time sprawl, and that you'll probably have to spend a lot more hours on it then you would estimate at the beginning.

However, this is all kind of moot if we're just talking about a small business card-type site for a 1 man startup. Most of the businesses I've designed sites for are medium to large size so that's where my perspective comes from. I still wouldn't go too low price wise. If you're new it can be a time consuming endeavor.
>>
>>62490289
I mean I'm just doing the design and then using a site similar to wix to put it all together (they dont know that however). So i dont really need to deal with all those things you listed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.