[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>designers who are getting paid millions of dollars approved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

>designers who are getting paid millions of dollars approved a notch that literally blocks your content

how is this even possible?
>>
File: fagget-1.jpg (17KB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
fagget-1.jpg
17KB, 390x285px
>>62485738
>how is this even possible?
It's fucking Apple, what do you expect?
Now stop making these threads faggot, pic related.
>>
>>62485738
Lol what a stupid question. Obviously as an app dev you design the game to take the notch into consideration, like building a hub around it
>>
File: stevejobs1.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stevejobs1.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
I would've sent the design team back to the drawing board. Timothy Cook is a pussy.
>>
>>62485738
If the notch went all the way to the edge of the screen, it would block even more content, and it would be the same as literally any other phone.
>>
File: DJornobUMAE_x6Q.jpg (183KB, 1200x1125px) Image search: [Google]
DJornobUMAE_x6Q.jpg
183KB, 1200x1125px
when random nerds on /g/ can come up with a better design in 5 minutes
>>
> that literally blocks your content
> blocks your content
this is the stupidest shit I hear all the time, the notch is "blocking" some of that content. You retards realize that the content shown by the corners is content that wouldn't otherwise be visible, right? Every solution one of you retards come up with blocks *more* content than Apple's design. Videos will have bars on each side because the aspect ratio of the screen is significantly bigger than those of the videos. Theres a reason why you people don't work in design.
>>
>>62486206
thats not better tho.
>>
>>62485849
I think Jobs would have flogged them as they were being fired.
>>
>>62486260
you're kidding right?
>>
>>62486206
>>62486260
>>62486292

That's not better, and creates problems for Apple and the app developers. That notch is just covering part of the screen, there's still stuff logically behind it, it just isn't being rendered. App makers don't have to do shit to accommodate for it.

Apple's going to shrink the notch in the X2 or something, and if they're not able to remove it entirely, then they'd have to write multiple separate instances of "If it has no notch do this but if it has the X2 notch then do this but if it has the original X notch then do this..." in the future.

I'm sorry it doesn't look like enough of a Samsung for you, though.
>>
>>62486244
It's still a waste of space. Computer graphics are built all around rectangles, so it almost always makes more sense to have a screen that is or can be thought of as one.
Stuff could also accidentally be rendered in the notch as a result of a bug or oversight, rendering it invisible.
>>
>>62486317
Are you literally trying to argue that by adding more screen space it's wasting space that could otherwise be spent on... nothing? And that it's also bad because potentially some bad programmers might somehow render through it? That's the most retarded shit I've ever heard in my life. If people designed things around the idea that there are retards who are going to misuse the technology, nothing would ever happen. Also your argument that computer graphics are built all around rectangles is also stupid because all you have to do to get muh rectangles is not render to the fucking corners. Jesus christ are you people this stupid?
>>
I think it looks horrible. and I usually like apple shit. No bezel is a fucking meme.

Just make the side bezels small and the top and bottom slim enough
>>
>>62485858
Are you pretending the massive 4mm thick bezel all around the phone isn't a bezel again?
>>
>Its an iToddlers play mental babby gymnastics thread
>>
>>62486314
>there's still stuff logically behind it, it just isn't being rendered
>App makers don't have to do shit to accommodate for it.
What? Yes they do. They have to consider whether or not the notch is going to cover essential UI elements. They're forced to design around the notch, whether that means placing static objects on either side of the notch, or inserting a black bar along the top of the screen.

On the other hand, if Apple had defaulted the notch area to be for static UI elements only, you have a much more consistent user experience. This is not complicated and it's objectively better design. It doesn't matter if you think it's "Sumsung-like."
>>
>>62486244
You can say it's not blocking, but when you are using it it will always feel like there is that thing on the top sticking out.

And now every iPhone will have this shit because apple would never take this back. They are going to make it a standard to have a thing sticking out from the top. It just feels bad to to have that shit hanging there, I hate it. Make it symmetrical again ffs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.