[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uhh I'm not that good with computers, but Is it normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

So uhh
I'm not that good with computers, but
Is it normal to have around 55-59 C° on my GPU just by using chrome?
I've been having some issues with my GPU lately and i think it's giving enough power to the fans
I think i have to change the PSU
>>
I mean, i think it's NOT giving enough power*
>>
>>62482350
best thing you can do to see if anything is wrong is change the psu, princess.
>>
>>62482350
Clean your PC for once. There's probably enough dust in there to make a sweater.
>>
>>62482467
I did that a couple hours ago. It's totally clean. That's why i'm considering about changing the PSU.
Before cleaning the PC, it turned itself off after lagging a bit. This hapepned even during a benchmark. After cleaning it it looks fine, but cleaned it already 2 weeks ago and it went fine until it started doing the same thing today.
>>
Its not great, but its also not that bad. What gpu is it / how old is it? Did you cleaned it from dust? how many fans has your case?
this and more has influence on that temp, and if its a bit older and you dont regularry clean your case from dust etc (inside of course) the temp is okay
>>
>>62482453
Yeah i know that, i was just asking to make sure it's the PSU and not something else.
>>
>>62482491
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
It's around 2 years old. It has 2 fans on it, and i put in the case an additional one. I cleaned it this morning, after it started turning off by itself during a benchmark.
By the way, getting around 73-74° while playing Rocket League.
>>
>>62482535
>after it started turning off by itself during a benchmark.
maybe is it just the gpu?
>>
>>62482350
Go hang yourself, pedo.
>>
>>62482595
it's more likely it's the PSU because i can't even hear the fans running that fast even though the GPU is pretty hot. It turns off by itself because the PSU is not giving enough power to the fans to make the GPU cooler, so it turns off the PC.
I guess.
>>
>>62482350
Always have a spare psu at all times.
>>
>>62482666
Ehh, guess now i learned the lesson.
Btw this is my current PSU https://www.amazon.it/dp/B004YIU1C6/ref=twister_B01M9C1GQ9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
>>
have same issue with r9 380 card, idle temp is 60 and with afterburner ~10% fan speed i can get 33-36.
my psu is seasonic 620w
>>
>>62482350
Check sensors in GPU-Z
>>
File: Cattura.png (23KB, 517x615px) Image search: [Google]
Cattura.png
23KB, 517x615px
>>62482793
>>
>>62482815
>mfw he has the same GPU as me
>mfw he is having the same problems as me
>>
>>62482350
>>62482815
>>62483254

I have the same thing. Chrome likes to ramp up the clock for some reason. It'll eventually stop. I think its building GPU cache or something. Firefox doesn't do it however.

Give it a few minutes to do its thing.
>>
File: 2017-09-17_15h56_55.png (31KB, 387x488px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-17_15h56_55.png
31KB, 387x488px
>>62482815
For the fans at 50% and gpu load on 0% is not
For modern gpus 60C~ is fine
>>
>>62483308
Damn son
You don't even use the fans and your temperature is lower than mine.
Now i don't know anymore if the fault is of the GPU or the PSU.
>>
OP here
So, i tried something, since i have 2 monitors.
I have unplugged the second one, and poof, the temperature is now 10 C° lower than before.
The memory frequency is also a lot lower. What the fuck?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.