[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failed technology that could have been great. WHDMI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 17.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
Failed technology that could have been great.

WHDMI
>>
What's the point when you need a power cable to run to the monitor anyway?
>>
>>62479454
Laptops negro
>>
>>62479439
Imagine the lag on that thing. Only useful for """"business"""" assholes anyway.
>>
>failed

It's actually not failed at all. It will come back once VR starts improving
>>
>>62479650
>VR
Failed technology that couldn't have been great.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>62479699
>HTC Vive/Oculus Rift
>Omnidirectional treadmill (VirtuixOmni/DIY)
>3d injector (VorpX/Vireio 3d)
>powerful pc

It could work, VR is not a meme, REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>62479944
>VR is not a meme
Only works on a specific subset of games where no walking is required. Nothing else.
>>
File: 674225.jpg (126KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
674225.jpg
126KB, 1200x627px
bump
>>
>>62479979
Stop being a pussy with a weak inner ear and get used to controller based movement.
Rapid serious sam vr is pretty great, mate
>>
anyone tried that tpcast wireless stuff?
i know they're targeting the vr memers but apparently they can send 1440p @ 90hz over the air without any perceptible latency
>>
>>62480003
>Aiming with joysticks in a shooter.
>>>/v/
>>
>>62480079
>Joysticks
I said MOVEMENT, not visual control you little shit
>>
>>62480103
VR headset controllers are joysticks. Retard.
>>
>>62480103
Settle down tough guy, mom's almost done with your tendies.
>>
File: what.png (487KB, 1245x902px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
487KB, 1245x902px
>>62480134
>>62480147
>>
>>62480244
Play move by Playstation was a failure. Why it would be different with Occulus and HTC?
>>
>>62480309
Touchscreen phones / PDAs didn't work for Nokia but somehow Apple still made it a sellable article.
>>
File: B003O6E2TM.04.lg.jpg (151KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
B003O6E2TM.04.lg.jpg
151KB, 700x550px
>>62480309
Good tracking that's reasonably accurate, to the point you could juggle them in VR space, and they're always tracked. Just point and press a button. Use the thumb trackpad for movement when you've stopped being a baby.

As for the Play Move? Just look at it.
It's a light and a camera.

Occulus got bogged down by being industry innovator, then HTC pushed up an actual, reasonable product. Further popularisation will come from experience of moving via the controller rippling out to the public or cheaper movepads, cheaper headsets, and for properly developed games to actually make it more than a novelty. Maybe WHDMI to come back and stop cables being an annoyance.

The interest's there. There's more than enough push from computer component manufacturers marketing VR ready GPUs.
>>
>>62479944
AND JESUS WEPT
>>
>>62480079
>pointing a thing with a handle at an enemy and pressing a trigger to fire
You're right, this concept could never be successful in reality.
>>
>>62480649
Reality is kilometers wide. A screen is just 40 inches at most.
>>
>>62480649
>unapologetic console babby
Love when /g/ memes with falseflags like this. Could you imagine if morons who actually believed this posted here, a technology board of all places.
>>
>>62480694
Reality is only as wide as what you can focus on at any one time.
>>
>>62480712
The fuck are you talking about? I played Superhot VR on my gaymen rig 10 minutes ago and aiming with 3d controllers is awesome. That was my point.
>>
>>62479979
>where no walking is required
fuck off normie.
>>
>>62480309
The control requirements for VR are considerably different from a flat screen. Instead of a shitload of buttons to perform actions, the controllers function as your hands, so they need good tracking but not a lot of different inputs. Vive's trackpads work surprisingly well for movement in Onward, and for everything else you just do it with your hands like you would in reality.

Console motion controls, meanwhile, were a dumb gimmick that had no purpose without VR.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.