[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are turbo chargers bad for your phone's battery life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1431821380233.gif (197KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431821380233.gif
197KB, 500x500px
are turbo chargers bad for your phone's battery life?
>>
1.0 amp chargers are fine, 2.1 isn't really meant to be use with phones but if its a decent enough phone it'll test the charger and charge at the rate its able to.

best bet is to just get a proper reliable brand charger, no trolling/shilling but Apple chargers are probably some of the best for whatever phone you have
>>
>>62478687
>if its a decent enough phone it'll test the charger and charge at the rate its able to.
I would assume all phones do this
>>
>>62478728
ive seen some chink phones that'll ramp up the current draw until they detect a voltage drop from the charger, i only mentioned that because i wasnt sure any other phones did that or if they just took whatever they were given
>>
>>62478714
I have a Droid turbo 1 and I'm using the Motorola turbo charger it came with
I'm only asking cause it gets noticably hotter using it than a regular charger and the screen starts flickering sometimes when it's plugged in
>>
>>62478782
thats probably not healthy for your phone in that case, either the battery is getting hot or the phone circuitry is getting overloaded but its most likely the former.

worst case scenario you keep using it and the battery will lose a lot of capacity and maybe even damage the rest of the phone. stick to a regular 1amp charger
>>
>>62478687
Turbochargers are for engines, not for phones
>>
File: IMG_20170917_112609283~01.jpg (989KB, 1730x1852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170917_112609283~01.jpg
989KB, 1730x1852px
>>62478832
this is the specific one I'm using
>>
>>62478782
I had a Droid Turbo, honestly save the turbo charger for when you really need a charge. Otherwise find a 1 amp wall plug-in. Your battery will thank you.
>>
Are all USB-C chargers turbo chargers?
>>
I have an Axon 7 with turbo charger and it doesn't heat up. So I think most turbo chargers are safe to use.
>>
Qualcum: yes, they heat up the battery too much

Dash: no, the tech keeps the battery from getting hot even if you use your phone

Get a 3/3T if you want safe fast charging.
>>
>>62479200
Thanks Xian'pa! Your firewall limitations have been temporarily reduced for the next 30 minutes. Thanks for continuing to shill for the great motherland!

t. People's Republic of China Ministry of Support for Homegrown Companies
>>
>>62479290
not an argument
>>
>>62478915
can someone tell me if this charger will fry my phone or not
>>
can I use the turbo charger for things that don't support it without melting them?
>>
>>62478687
How are you going to fit this onto your phone?
>>
>>62479931
Dont use turbo 1 or turbo 2. 9v or 12v thru a 5v usb is not something i would recommend. 1.6A is pretty ok on 5v anyway.
>>
>>62482441
/o/ pls go
>>
>>62482441
nice
>>
Not if it's a decent charger that contains the heat in the charging brick, heat is what kills batteries, not how many amperes it's charging at
>>
>>62482787
>Dont use turbo 1 or turbo 2. 9v or 12v thru a 5v usb is not something i would recommend.
This is the state of /g/.
>>
File: 1505239030928.jpg (115KB, 1080x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1505239030928.jpg
115KB, 1080x1186px
>turbocharger

Long term fast charging isn't good for the battery, I've disabled it on my S7 because I mostly charge overnight.
>>
>>62478915
>14.4w @12v
This should only be used in emergencies when you need a quick charge. The battery must be so worn after 1 year use I'd be surprised if you aren't already having to charge 3 times a day just to get through the day.
>>
OnePlus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>62483865
Charging causes heat. In the battery. So the heat needs to be transferred away properly.
>>
>>62482787
you can't choose what the output is, the phone does it on its own depending on what % the battery is at
>>62484887
I've been using a more normal charger pretty much the whole time I had the phone, but it broke recently and the only one I had left was the turbo one
I still get roughly 6.5 hours of screen on time off a full charge if I'm not playing a game or something demanding, it'll stay on all day if I'm not constantly using it

I did find another more normal charger that's 5v at 2a, is that okay enough to use all the time?
>>
i have the phone. i only use the turbo charger when i know the phone has adequate airflow around it or the room is cold. if i'm on my desk with the fan blowing my way or i have the ac on i might use it but honestly , most of the times i only charge it at night and i use a sony 0,7A charger (nice and slow). by the time i wake up it's full.

also never , ever use your phone if you are using this charger. the heat from charging alone can impact battery life , let alone the heat from using the phone.
>>
>>62486781
what about the 5v 2a charger I mentioned above? is that alright?
using it now it's just a little warm and no where near how hot the turbo charger gets it
>>
>>62486825
the phone is smart enough to use only as much as it needs. it might draw all of the 2A if it feels like it. just make sure to not bury it under stuff and it overheats.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.