[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There's human beings that exist on this earth that still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: useless.jpg (127KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
useless.jpg
127KB, 1280x1024px
>There's human beings that exist on this earth that still use heading tags (h1, h2, h3 etc ...)

just fucking use CSS you moronic lazy autists. its a fucking deprecated tag why the fuck do you still use it when CSS exists, you can change the size and thickness to anything you like theres absolutely NO reason to still use these damn tags
>>
>>62477959
>SEO
op is a fag
>>
lol what?

you use semantic tags like h1, h2, etc... and then you style them as needed.

are you retarded? is this some attempt at trolling?
>>
<div class="main-title" id="main-title">Derp</div>
>>
Are you stupid or something? Do you think people are just gonna leave unmodified header tags lying about?
>>
>>62478006
<p style="font-size:200%">Wa la.</p>
>>
>>62477959
Heading tags are styleable as well. Honestly, we don't even need predetermined tags. Any tag should be possible and treated as a div.
>>
>>62478038
>wa la
lol, jesus
>>
>>62478051
newfag detected
>>
>>62478038
using style attributes is ugly
>>
>>62477959
You need to make a site that still looks readable if CSS is disabled. It's common practice you fucking lazy pajeet.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (51KB, 854x570px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
51KB, 854x570px
>>62477959
> Not structuring your documents with header tags and then styling them with CSS
> Rookie mistake

GTFO
>>
>>62477983
>muh deprecation

Eat a dick, anon. It still werks.
>>
Why exactly did W3C want to replace HTML with XHTML? I never saw a clear explanation of that. What can you do with the latter that you can't do with the former?
>>
File: VBZzcWM.gif (577KB, 244x148px) Image search: [Google]
VBZzcWM.gif
577KB, 244x148px
>>62478168
No you don't. Nobody disables CSS in 2017 - those that do are such a minority as to be safely ignored.
>>
>>62478168
Since when you can disable CSS? Are you confusing it with JS?
>>
I wish I wouldn't have to add 10 characters everytime I want to add a new title. It is a title, c'mon, it is so common, why it doesn't have a shortcut tag?
>>
>>62477959
Doesn't look deprecated to me...
https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-author-20110705/the-h1-h2-h3-h4-h5-and-h6-elements.html
>>
File: confused tapestry.png (49KB, 133x141px) Image search: [Google]
confused tapestry.png
49KB, 133x141px
>>62478168
>CSS is disabled
wait what ??
>>
>>62477959
>There's human beings that exist on this earth that make shitty threads on imageboards
>>
Easier to parse I guess.
>>
>>62478209
>Nobody disables CSS in 2017
Blind people do.
>>
>>62477959
It's not deprecated at all, you fucking idiot.

HTML tags are much more than CSS default styling.
Why the fuck do you even think tags like <output>, <heading> or <article> exist?

Because of semantic meaning. A computer reading through HTML documents can understand what these mean. They can be treated in special ways, for example by assistive technologies that allow you to navigate by heading or article and to ignore <aside> content and such.
>>
>>62477994
I think it's just some kid who just learned that people can style stuff with css.
>>
>>62478357
Anyone using a screen reader doesn't care what font size the headings are rendered at...
>>
>>62478006
That is the worst way to do it. It would make it inaccessible to for example blind people and would make sure that you go to the bottom of any google search without proper header tags.
>>
>>62478383
yep. HTML tags are semantic. screen readers use them to figure out what's a header, what's supposed to be a link, etc...

in principle you could make span elements clickable and take you to another page, just like a elements, but that would be niggardly.
>>
>>62478383
But they care about what are headers, navbars, menus and that sort of thing. Everything should have semantic tags so they can use it. (and also so that people get higher up in google searches)
>>
>>62478363
But you could just as well declare the semantic meaning in the CSS, retard. There's no reason to have deprecated tags like h1, b, etc.
>>
File: screen readers h.png (28KB, 753x390px) Image search: [Google]
screen readers h.png
28KB, 753x390px
>>62478383
Literally the opposite is true.
The NVDA and JAWS screen readers, for example, precede <h1> headings with “heading level 1.

http://webaim.org/techniques/semanticstructure/
>>
>>62477983
> he still thinks that h1 headers matter to SEO
it's not 2004 anymore, grandpa, fuck off with your SEO bulshit, there are countless top websites that don't even render a shit on server side
>>
>>62478437
You can't, you fucking disgusting retard. There's nothing in CSS that allows you to do that. The one and only thing you can do in CSS that has a semantic impact is hide things.

If you had ANY idea what you're talking about, you'd have brought up aria attributes.
...Well actually, you wouldn't have brought them up, because you'd know exactly that they are verbose and there's no point in recreating the semantic meaning of a heading level 1 on a div tag when there's already a tag that does that - <h1>.
>>
>>62478437
>But you could just as well declare the semantic meaning in the CSS, retard.
No, you can't... That is not where accessibility software and Google look for semantic tags.

>>62478468
Accessibility with proper tags is one of the most important parts of SEO.
>>
>>62478388
Yep, check again the innerText property
>>
>>62478532
>Accessibility with proper tags is one of the most important parts of SEO

t. (((SEO expert)))
>>
>>62478576
He's not wrong.

If you mess up the fundamentals, your shitty <meta> tags won't help you.

Google will see div soup and rank it as the shit it is.
>>
>>62478665
this
also
>web html monkeys knowing shit
>>
File: 1473616794391.gif (931KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1473616794391.gif
931KB, 250x197px
>>62477959
>There's human beings that exist on this earth that still use HTML

just fucking use JS you moronic lazy autists. its a fucking deprecated language why the fuck do you still use it when JS exists, you can change everything to anything you like theres absolutely NO reason to still use this damn language
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Eat dicks, OP, I fucking hate you so-called web "designers". You can't design for shit.
>>
>>62478781
>>
>>62477959
Headings make sense semantically. Well written HTML should make sense without any styling, but I guess you're too much of a brainlet to understand it.
>>
>>62478781
That's true for web applications, but for websites that mainly display static content (documents, basically) like news websites, there's no need to write them in JS.
They could as well just be HTML and CSS with minimal JS for optional benefits, like a service worker for faster page loads and offline access or maybe a slider displaying top articles without taking up too much space.
>>
>>62478038
>Inline css.
Ihavegraduated.jpg
>>
>use 5 lines of code for something I can accomplish in 1

OP GONNA BE NEET FOREVER.
>>
>>62478576
well... am I wrong? No. There have been experiments that show that header tags (h1,h2 etc.) is one of the most important parts of SEO which can give significant boost on google rankings. If anything that is the FIRST thing you should make sure every website has. Proper headings and even several headings in long texts.

https://www.searcheccentric.com/casestudies/motor-cars
>>
>>62477959
Do you know nothing about SEO? Jfc you're dumber than a box of rocks.
>>
>>62478006
<div class="h1"Heading 1</div>
<div class="h2"Heading 2</div>
<div class="h3"Heading 3</div>
<div class="h4"Heading 4</div>
<div class="h5"Heading 5</div>
<div class="h6"Heading 6</div>
>>
>>62478988
the only acceptable way
>>
>>62478988
Or.. <h1>Heading 1! It's magic!</h1>
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.